02-02-2014 12:11 PM
I'm trying to get my wife blackberry bold 9900 to work but it doesn't seem to want to register . ( Host routing table is empty)
1) Just switched providers ( unlocked phone from Rogers -> Fido)
2) Have verified with the provider that blackberry supported plan is present
3) Repeated tried battery pulls and to manually register on the network ( request is sent but no response)
4) I have looked through the forums but all solutions seem to be starting with network registration. Where I am failing?
5) Data is working for non-blackberry routed communications e.g. WhatsApp, etc.
Is it possible that the PIN is blocked , so the device cannot register ?
02-02-2014 12:24 PM
02-02-2014 02:23 PM
Before you ring your network, click on the top bar where the date is. Scroll down to status and look in there if it says Blackberry Internet connected or mobile network. If it says not connected then your network haven't connected the Blackberry Internet services yet and that will be why it won't set up. It can take up to 48hrs for some networks to activate the BIS.