Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Switched providers, device will not register on network

Good Afternoon, 

I'm trying to get my wife blackberry bold 9900 to work but it doesn't seem to want to register . ( Host routing table is empty) 

Background

1) Just switched providers ( unlocked phone from Rogers -> Fido) 

2) Have verified with the provider that blackberry supported plan is present

3) Repeated tried battery pulls and to manually register on the network ( request is sent but no response) 

4) I have looked through the forums but all solutions seem to be starting with network registration. Where I am failing? 

5) Data is working for non-blackberry routed communications e.g. WhatsApp, etc.

Is it possible that the PIN is blocked , so the device cannot register ? 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Switched providers, device will not register on network

That is always possible. The only way to know is to have your carrier escalate your case to BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Switched providers, device will not register on network

Before you ring your network, click on the top bar where the date is. Scroll down to status and look in there if it says Blackberry Internet connected or mobile network. If it says not connected then your network haven't connected the Blackberry Internet services yet and that will be why it won't set up. It can take up to 48hrs for some networks to activate the BIS.