Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Switched to new phone, app serial no longer working

• Carrier: AT&T
  • BlackBerry Model:  Bold 9000
  • BlackBerry OS: 4.6.0.297
  • Version of App World: 1.1.0.15
  • BIS (Personal Use)

I downloaded Aerize Optimizer and Aerize Explorer to an old Bold 9000 that I owned, and all was fine.  The phone malfunctioned some time ago and was returned for a new unit.  I downloaded and installed App World onto the new phone, and synchronized all my applications.  Those two programs, however require a serial that seems to be linked to a specific device (possibly the PIN??).  The serials do not work for my phone, and it's getting a little frustrating.  I paid for them, and I can't use them.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the applications time and again, but to no avail.  I have contacted Aerize multiple times, and they say that they can do absolutely nothing, as this is an issue with App World. 

What to do,  oh Blackberry Pros??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Switched to new phone, app serial no longer working

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello,

please read the AppWorld user guide, there is a section about that issue:

Home
> Support & Services
>> Product Documentation
>>> Documentation for Smartphone Users
>>>> BlackBerry App World
>>>>> BlackBerry App World storefront - User Guide

Managing Items >> Re-install items on a different device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I already tried that it does not work for all applications. Quicklaunch does not work that way I have had to open up a support request ticket to get this resolved.

The documentation is a great resource but does not fix everything.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
BlackBerry Model:  Tour 9630
BlackBerry OS: 4.7.1.40
Version of App World: 1.1.0.19
BES (Personal and Corporate Use)

To Whom It May Concern-

Purchased Aerize Optimizer for Blackberry Tour 9630 on Verizon Wireless through Blackberry App Store via PayPal (order# 6569086114) on 15Sep09. Trackball subsequently failed, and Verizon replaced phone due to known product issue.

Logged into PayPal account through Blackberry App world and re-installed Aerize Optimizer on new Blackberry Tour 9630. It provided the same serial number as prior device (45056).  Opened Aerize Optimizer after installation and entered serial number. Prompt displayed "invalid", and 7-day trial version was activated.

Have tried un-installing and re-installing Aerize Optimizer, and entering the serial number to no avail. Blackberry App World will not allow a repurchase, only re-installation. Do not wish to keep re-installing 7-day "trial" version.

Contacted Aerize Customer Support and received following response:

"Please make sure that you've upgraded AppWorld itself to the latest version. If still unable to generate an appropriate serial number, please contact BlackBerry directly with this AppWorld-related issue."

Currently running BlackBerry AppWorld v.1.1.0.19.  Uninstalling and re-installing Aerize Optimizer continues to provide the same serial number (45056) and "invalid" message.  

Per 28Nov08 post by sdgardne on the BlackBerry Support Forum (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&message.id=3710&query.id=116...), tried to submit inquiry to (https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic) with regards to BlackBerry AppWorld order number 6569086114.  Received error stating device PIN (30B5DF10) is not valid.

Sincerely appreciate your time and efforts in advance. Please let me know if more information is needed to resolve.

Best Regards,

fstrdnuZ06-
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Device: BB Tour

Carrier: Telus

AppWorld Ver: 1.1.019

I have also had a BB Tour that was just replaced. I purchased

Aerize Optimizer

Beyond 160

IntelliLaunch

Snap Screen

MultiAlarm Pro 

I have the same issue. None of my serial numbers work.

Followed all the steps on switching devices in AppWorld FAQ and RIM Support Knowledge Base - None work. 

Can anyone out the help?

Not sure I will ever purchase fron App World again.

All the apps that I purchased from Crackberry took 1 E-mail to solve the problem

I have sent numerous e-mails for AppWorld but have had no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. 

Message Edited by brancast on 10-04-2009 11:19 PM
New Contributor

I am having the same problem as well with all my applications. It does not help that i cant even contact technical support because they keep saying my pin # is wrong. What gives?
New Contributor

Device: BB Tour

Carrier: Telus

AppWorld Ver: 1.1.019

I have talked to RIM. They tell me to contact TELUS. I contacted TELUS they  have told me it is a problem with AppWordd (Which I do agree). Contacted RIM the second time. Now their answer is that it does not matter what your PIN is, the serial number is the same, no matter what phone you have (They need to start training their Tech Support staff!).

This forum was my last resort.

I have decided to re purchase the apps from the developers, remove AppWorld from my phone and never purchase via AppWorld again.

Very maddening.

New Contributor

I can't believe this.  Blackberry, it's DEFINITELY a problem with your beloved junkshow AppWorld, not the developers' software.   Own up to it, start answering our emails, and fix the problem!

I am appalled at the lack of answers we are getting.  When we do get a reply from an authority, it's invariably the canned, 'read the AppWorld guide/FAQ/etc', 'contact the software developer', or 'submit an email to BB/ AppWorld tech support.'  I tried off and on for half a day to submit a report, and the site wouldn't even process the send request!!   It would just erase the fields, and I'd have to start over.  We all have run countless laps through your suggestions, and none of them work.  Every every finger is pointing to you for answers, and we deserve them.

I paid money for my apps, and I now don't get to use them.  Would you be mad if you had dumped a bunch of money on a new car and after a week, they took your keys away?  Granted, an extreme example, but the principle is the same. 

Get on it now.  Fix it, and tell us about it.  Class action suits are no fun for anybody, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if one came your way at some point.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

randallmchoi wrote:
I am having the same problem as well with all my applications. It does not help that i cant even contact technical support because they keep saying my pin # is wrong. What gives?

Hi there!

There are some issues with PINs being rejected on the forms at the moment -- mine has only recently been fixed, so don't feel like you are singled out. To remedy, please see your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with instructions as to how to remedy that component of your issues.

Sorry about the troubles, but RIM assures us they are working on it.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................