06-04-2008 08:32 AM
I have huge problem with sync my MAC & BB. With the PocketMac (which is slow and crashes down constantly) I can't sync any contact that has western european sign in (example: č,š,ž). Same is with MIssing Sync!
Any idea how to solve the problem??
06-13-2008 02:58 PM
With your new device, I want to make sure you have the right connection, because I believe PocketMac is capable of handing the special characters. Please try this first, and if you continue to have problems syncing data, I would ask that you work directly with our support team (it's free, and URL is below my signature) here so we can make sure to fix any issues that remain:
First, visit the download page: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.
and start the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.
You have probably already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.
Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh.
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.
After the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the synchronization session.
If you still can't connect, here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:
1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)
2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.
3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.
4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.
6. Install the driver again. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.
7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.
08-13-2008 05:15 AM
On the same subject, in About PocketMac SyncManager it shows as Version 1.0 (1.0.9) no matter how many times I install / uninstall. However it should be version 4.02 shouldn't it?
Also when I uninstall and reinstall the same settings appear already selected in the Blackberry settings area under Contacts / Calendar etc
When I sync it gets stuck on Synchronizing Contacts - eventually it syncs about 20 of my 1,000 contacts
would be grateful for some help