Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Sync Blackberry Bold to Macintosh issue

Hi there,

I just bought the blackberry bold and trying desperately to sync it with my Macintosh but it doesn't work...

I downloaded the pocketMac for blackberry some time ago as I used to have the Blackberry 8800 model...

All my contacts and calendar are saved in my laptop but when I attempt to sync both devices, computer says failure: "(06:22:23.148) Unable to connect to Blackberry (error 1); Skipping"

Could someone pls help me?

Many thanks in advance for your help 

Re: Sync Blackberry Bold to Macintosh issue

Hello

I just got my Blackberry Bold also. Very happy with it but also cannot Sync to my Mac. Have downloaded the latest version of pocket mac and still no go. My errors are the same code (06:22:23.148) Unable to connect to Blackberry (error 1); Skipping"

Does anyone have a fix for this.  

Regards Hamley 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think you may be better served to resolve this thread, and open in Blackberry's for MAC forums.

I'm sure you will get more MAC users and therefore more specific MAC information to resolve

your problems quicker,

Thanks

If you need more information, please ask

!If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Hi,

I also facing the same problem for 1 week - luckly - when i have time i do some check up on the bold.. kindda try and error method..

i found the solution - the error generated because of password that i set in the bold. because its work perfectly the 1st time i use it.

so, the solution is to enter the password for blackberry in the pocket mac last option field - just key in the password you have set for the bold and its work perfectly Smiley Happy 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

These may help:

Procedure:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=1317

Latest Pocketmac

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=6...

Pocketmac support:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=4015&query.id=187814#...

Pocetmac thread where Rim is going to be involved:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=blackberryformac&message.id=534#M534

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-28-2008 11:29 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the solution, desinstall pocket mac, and download Missing Sync for Blackberry from http://www.markspace.com/products/blackberry/blackberry-sync-mac-software.html

This is not free, but 100 % you dont have any problem sync your blackberry with your mac, and is 100 times more faster too.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

I am trying to post a comment about the inability to get a sync with a blackberry and a Mac. I find it amazing that I loose phone numbers and that there is no way to contact blackberry directly. Do you have any idea how to post a general comment?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus Australia

I could not contact BlackBerry direct until I proved to my phone company, Optus Australia, that they could not and did not have the necessary facts, to be kind, to do it.  They registered with BB and then with a fault code I called BB who fixed it within an hour on the phone.

Main problem was that PocketMac had left two secret little files deposited in my Library, which their uninstaller did not remove.  At least with PocketMac gone I no longer have miriads of duplicated and mixed up entries.

However the bad news just keeps coming - one week later my laptop will not sync any more to BB Bold 900 which has the latest SW.

I really miss my old Palm - they really knew how to write snc SW.

;-(

PS Start with uninstalling PocketMac-a most horrible program imho

SDK