Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Black Berry
My Carrier: Black Berry

Sync Bold9700 and ical different birthday date

Hello community,

I sync my Bold 9700 over BB Desktop Manager 2.0 for Mac with ical and the addressbook. In my Bold addressbook I have some contacts with birthday info. After sync the birthdays in ical and addressbook on Mac are one day earlier. For example Peter birthday 03.05.1983 on my Bold contact. At the Mac addressbook Peter birthday 02.05.1983. In ical the birthday are also one day earlier. On my bold after sync they are sill fine. Someone knows this issue or had the same problem?

Thanks 

Mike

Contributor
My Device: Black Berry
My Carrier: Black Berry

Re: Sync Bold9700 and ical different birthday date

Ok after a few days of testing now i know that the problem is between the mac addressbook and the BB addressbook. I think the problem is the vcards which are not syncronized without failure. The only possibility is to change the birthdays on the mac to the right date and then it works.

Strange but maybe a bug.

Close because no answers are done.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Bold 9780 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager 2.0.0.65 for Mac.

Whenever I modify a contact on my Mac, the Desktop Manager pushs the contact's birthday 1 day forth (in the Mac's address book):

A friend is born on 5th may 1975. Once I updated a phone number of her on my mac, the birthday in my mac's address book is 4.5.75. After performing another update and synchronized the BB it is 3.5.75.

i'm in Germany and I use the local time zone (CET).

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks a lot.

Niels

P.S. This is urgent.

http://www.fallenbeck.com
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Dialog GSM

Hi

I am from Sri Lanka and I have the same issue with the birthdate sync between my Bold 9700 and Mac. I have tried everything like wiping my device, reseting sync history, backing up and restoring my Contacts but nothing seems to solve the problem!

I am sure this is a bug and its is so annoying since I have all my employees birthdays and have a habit of wishing them. 

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? 

Dhushy

Dhushy
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Torch syncing iCal through BB Desktop 2.0.0.65. Birthdays are changed in iCal after 2nd sync with BB Torch to one day before the actual date. I restored an adressbook copy with the correct dates to my Contacts on my mac and after the first sync it looked fine again. during the second sync however I was asked to change a couple of hundred dates...again! incidently, it makes no difference whether you sync the iCal 'birthday' calendar with the BB or not.

I congratulated my wife a day early... rather confusing it is. Smiley Happy

anyone solved this yet?

Annoyingly, it is all or nothing. You can't choose to sync without making the changes, just by adding new appointments. sync all or none... pity.

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Orange UK

Same problem with me on my Torch. After endless trouble even syncing it with my Mac now the birthday dates keep changing.

My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: selfemployeed

Hi to all!

I have the same problem and would like someone to solve this issue! It is impossible to get any support vom BB about this issue. I´ve found an article from April 2010 about this issue and the comment of BB "we are working on this issue". It seems that this issue and so many BB/MAC users that are having this problem are not important for BB.

Hope for a soon solution!

Regards

My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: selfemployeed

more than 500 persons have seen this problem and no solution!

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Avea

I had this problem with my BB Desktop on Mac and I changed to Missing Sync instead of Desktop sync. Strange but that problem continues. So I guess problem with BB adress book and Imac Adress book doesnt sync. I am living in Turkey btw.