Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 tourch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Sync Calendar from Outlook, error message 0x80040fb3

I have deleted all calendar items on device, Even reinstalled device software and started from scratch...Deleted Desktop 6.0 and re-installed and still will not sync.

When I go into setting and make chioces and save. It will not even let me check the box for Calendar data.

Very unhappy and ready to take phone back and get iPhone.  What good is phone without being able to sync my calendar, it's my life...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync Calendar from Outlook, error message 0x80040fb3

Update to the latest version of BlackBerry® Messenger software using one of the following methods:

• Visit http://www.blackberry.com/messenger from the browser on the BlackBerry smartphone, and update to the latest version.
  • Install BlackBerry Messenger through BlackBerry App World™ storefront.

if it is still present, See if this helps.

"Error encounter. Error code – 0x80040fb3. Check documentation” appears during a wired synchronizati...  

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Sorry Obywan the power of the force must not be that strong!

I downloaded updated messenger and still have the same problem...  Tks but no thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you look at the other link I posted?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I also am having trouble with synchronizing to Outlook - also ready to return the device as it has deleted all my past calendar entries from previous years - I had to pay a technical person to find and restore to my laptop - my previous BB was a snap to synch, this one is terrible, am having to resort to paper calendar as it cannot be relied upon...is there a simple solution or not? 

My Device: Torch, 9800

I, too, am finding the calendar sync a real headache...  It was working fine until somehow it deleted all my calendar entries from my computer (at least they are on my Torch) and now it won't sync entries I put in my calendar on the Torch onto the computer (although it does sync from the computer to the Torch).  I'm not a techie, and don't feel comfortable trying to do anything myself...

New Contributor

Obi-wan tried to help but already really tried all that...

I fianally fixed my problem but lost much hair...

Of course I knew better and was only doing sync one way..  So what I found problem to be was that I had a corrupt entry in my outlook calendar. (Or, BB did not like it)  I narrowed it down to a meeting request entry that I a business assoc sent and was reoccuring once a month with no end date.  I deleted that in outlook and then re-entered later.

How I fixed this finally was to delete manually every calendar enrty on my BB.  "Tried this thru Desktop version 6.0 by doing a data delete of calendar items and was not succesful."  Once I manually deleted all entrys on BB, and the corrupt outlook entry was also deleted it then sync'd like a champ....

Please note that because I did not ever do a sync both ways my outlook calendar was still in tack.   Sorry if you wipe your outlook out :-(

Guru III
My Device:

If there is a corrupt entry, this can usually fix it.

Directions are for Outlook sync to phone.

Backup device then in Outlook

highlight calendar
goto file import/export
choose export to file
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
make sure calendar is highlighted and choose subfolders if you have them, next

save to desktop with a name you can remember, Finish
Click ok on screen popup

Go to view, arange by events
delete all entries.

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

close outlook and any word files, open outlook back up after 15 seconds.

Then
goto file import/export
import from another program or file, next
choose Persoanl folder pst, next
find the file and import
Choose highlight calendar and Finish
Change view back to what you want and try again to sync to phone and then try 2 way sync after.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telefónica

Thanks for sharing this process. I have a BB Torch 9810 with calendar 7.0.0 and Windows XP SP3 on the notebook.

The process you recomend to clean the BB Calendar does not work for version 7.0.0, instead, i deleted manually every entry in the calendar.

After thar everything worked ok!  It took to me like 7 hours.

Thanks again!

Jürgen.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

This problem has an specific cause on Outlook, turns out that if somebody makes a calendar entree using Outlook on line, the Attendees field starts with ""<, for some reason the Desktop software or the 9800 software does not recognize this field and fails sendign the error message 0x80040fb3 during Outlook sync.

I have done following:

1) I review the new entries clicking details and I open the Add ones, if I see the ""< on the  Attendees field I either delete or reject the entry, then the Sync works. (reject and delete has to be done on Outlook after you fail sync)

2) Delete all calendar entries and Sync the whole thing again.

However this is not acceptable and this issue is being there since I got my first Storm, and it continue doing the same thing with my Torch and I hate the iPhones, then I am stuck with this bug!

Best Regards!