Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Sync Caller ID Pictures?

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my caller ID pictures which are on my PC, synchronised with my Blackberry.  The photos are associated to contacts in Outlook.  All of the details (name, numbe, address etc) sync APART from the pictures. 

Is there any way to get this working?  I could manually do it, but I've got hundreds of contacts...

I've got a UK 8800 OS 4.5.0.37, Desktop Manager 4.5.0.15, Outlook 2003, Windows XP.

Thanks

T

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Caller ID Pictures?

My BlackBerry doesn't have device OS 4.5 (I have 4.2), but I had this same problem after I had upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.5. I just downgraded to 4.3 and it works fine. As far as I can tell, there are no functional differences between 4.3 and 4.5, so maybe you could downgrade too?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I did my the other way, set up the pictures on the BB and it automatically transferred over to Outlook.

I also found, that I did not have to keep the pictures on the media card or on the device. Once it's in the address record, it keeps the photo, so you get to save space on your media card! I use Deskktop 4.5 to so the initial transfer.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

I find it's a lot easier to set them up on the computer, and it should work that way. Smiley Wink
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I agree!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

I have exactly the same issue. The Photo IDs are not on my BB 8120 with OS 4.5 whereas present on outllook 2007.

Config : BB 8120 pearl OS 4.5 Desktop Manager:4.5 Outllok 2007

I don't really understand why !

If you link the photo on the phone, then after synchronization with DM, it works and appears on outllook.

If you the link the photo on outllook, it does not work.

The field mapping has been cheched .

I think in when it's run ( ie on BB), the photo is part of the contact file and is not loss during synchronization .

On outllook, it should be only a reference to an existing file.

Is someone able to help me to get rid of this ?

Contributor

As I posted above, I was able to work around this problem by downgrading to Desktop Manager 4.3. Perhaps you could try the same? I'm pretty sure it should work for your device.
New Contributor

Are there any solutions to solve this problem? I Have the same problem on my BB 8310 DM 4.5. Before I did an update it worked fine.
Contributor

Since posting my last reply, DM 4.7 has been released. That has worked for me. It seems 4.5 was just non-functional in this regard.
New Contributor

Ì´ve installed 4.7 but it didn´t work. I use Outlook 2003