Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

FF
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Contacts will not complete between Mac and device

I just purchased a new 8900 Blackberry. I have tried synchronizing my Contact between Entourage, may Address book and my Blackberry. When I ran the Sync for the first time I noticed that the Sync blue bar will not end the Sync process, even after a long time. I have to cancel the Sync process. I got a message that some data may have not been transferred. I had to disconnect my device as it was showing that there is still a connection between it and the computer. I checked to see what data has been transferred and some in did was missing. I went through the manual and ensured that all my software was up to date. My Mac is running on OS 10.4.11, My Entourage in running on 11.4.0, By Pocket is 11.4.0. I also insured that my drivers are up to date. I rebuilt my Entourage data file as recommended as well. I have tried to re Sync again and I had the same problem. As it al failed I erased the Blackberry incase the data was corrupted and started all over again. I went once more through the Sync process and I am encountering the same problem, the Sync showing as it is still running and does not finish. I even left it on overnight with out much success. Any Idea what I may be doing wrong. Do you have a solution?

Thanks,

FF 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Contacts will not complete between Mac and device

I am having the exact same problem as above.  Except that my Mac OS is more recent: 10.5.6 Leopard....

Please help!

Thanks