Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Sync Error - MAPI logon failed (Outlook)

Hi All

In the  end I found I had V6 on my PC and have removed V7.0 from my PC and reinstalled the earlier version. Synced first time with no problems. In my opinion there is something in the latest version which caused the MAPI error. Thanks to sdgadne for his help and providing an initial solution. In the end I felt the approach was too risky for a non techie like me. Good to know however that there is an active BB community out there for future support. All the best

Cheers

Aitchie

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers Telecom

I have same configuration (Windows 7, Outlook 2010, HP Pavillion dv6) and have been having same problems with BB Desktop Manager version 7.

Had a very tough time finding a version 6 of the DM, but finally found one with the help of my provider (Rogers Telecommunications) at the following address:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/esupportwireless

- Select Brand (Blackberry)

- Select handset model (in my case Curve 8900)

and voila! there is a 6.0.0 version of the Desktop Manager.

I have installed this v6.0.0 and now everything is working again.

Suggest grab it soon, since it is clear that RIM's intent is to make only the version 7 available. (Rogers happend to have a copy on their own site, but I wouldn't be surpised if RIM requests that they get rid of this - if RIM gets wind of it. Hopefully RIM will quickly recognize that a number of people are having same probs with v7 and will get a fix out for this.

(Does anyone know whether RIM 'listens in' to this forum?)

Good luck!

Peter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile / Orange

Thanks Peter!

I unistalled V7 and installed an earlier version and it works as at treat. The DM is not the slickest but it does the job and I can now sync Calendar and Contacts!

P

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: t-mobile

I got so frustrated with this whole thing that I went out and got myself an Android. Turns out to be a great decision! My productivity with the Android is probably 25% greater than the BB. I loved the BB but the Android is even better and it syncs!

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: t-mobile

[ Edited ]

Many thanks to whoever created this site and for everyone's feedback! Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If we are all having the same problem, why isn't Blackberry creating a "patch" or new update to fix this new unexpected "feature" of this new software version?

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I was having this same problem. My fix was to remove the USB cord and sync by Bluetooth. Worked perfect. All my contacts and calendar items were synced with no problem.

New Developer
My Device: Curve 9360

Exact same propblem and will revert to V6.  PS Did anyone solve the 'only 3 months of Calendar data' question?

New Developer
My Device: Curve 9360

Confirming, back to V6 and all is well.  Any answer on the 3 months calendar data only?

Highlighted
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

This happens if OUTLOOK PST is Password protected.  Open Outlook using password pf PST file then try to sync.  It'll work.

Thanks