Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Sync Error in latest version of Desktop Manager for Mac

Using Version 1.0.2 (build 8) (version of 4/19/10) -- since updating to this version, always get message that "A Sync Error Has Occurred - please try sync again."

Seems to be a problem with Contacts because if I sync only Calendar to iCal it works fine, but since it doesn't tell me the nature of the error, I am having a hard time troubleshooting.

Using Mac OSX 10.5.8.

And I foolishly just tried "repace all contacts on this device" option, which I thought would overwrite Blackberry with Address Book from my Mac...but just wiped out the contacts on my phone.

Please Help!

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Error in latest version of Desktop Manager for Mac

I am having the same problem.

I also have a calendar conflict that does not resolve after selecting the proper occurence and clicking DONE and Resync now.

Contributor

I am having the same problem as well, but after the device start to sync the contacts.

I have deleted everything from the Address Book and Ical, and nothing is now synching...

I am seriously considering an iPhone. This is an absurd! Why they release an update that corrupts the data? 

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: iusacell

I am having just the same problem when it starts to synchronize the contacts. It did not sync the calendar either nor the music.

HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Replying to my own post to clarify/hopefully help others: If I Don't sync contacts, the calendar and music sync okay. It seems to be a Contacts issue.

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Orange UK

Same problems. Not only that, I can't cancel it and basically eats up the whole system. Very annoying indeed. Going to try and downgrade it but doubt you can.

Contributor

Same problem with Contacts! Calendar seems to sync, as well as notes, and tasks, but I get an error "a sync error occurred" after the calendar. I actually used Time Machine, trying to restore the application to the version prior to the latest update, but it did not work. Does anyone have a solution for this? How can they make an update and mess up the contacts field? Unbelievable!!!!

Contributor

Ok guys, check this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

What I did, I opened terminal, and pasted this command:

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl reset

The error message is gone!!! Let me see if it's really syncing now!!

Contributor

It works!!!!!

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl reset

Paste it on terminal and try again!

Let me know!

New Contributor
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: bell

So i just did the same and yes, the sync error goes away, but i think another problem is occuring. 

I use Entourage for my contacts and have a Blackberry to sync it to.  Since contacts will only sync with ADDRESS i need to first sync ENTOURAGE with ADDRESS then it moves on to my BB.  Since doing this exercise (above), it seems that ENTOURAGE is not syncing to ADDRESS...does this make any sense?