Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: vodafone

Sync Microsoft outlook calendar with blackberry calendar

Is it possible to get the calendar in my blackberry to talk with the calendar in Microsoft outlook automaticaly with out using the cable to sync the 2 devices on desktop.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Sync Microsoft outlook calendar with blackberry calendar

hello,

you are asking for a wireless reconciliation for your calendar.

this can be done :
1) when you want, using the Desktop Manager and activating BlueTooth on your Windows computer

2) in real time, using a cloud service.

is your Outlook calendar linked to a cloud service like Hotmail ot GMail or Yahoo! Mail ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I am indeed conected to yahoo mail, could you give me a few clues how to or point me in the right direction.

regards
Hugh
Guru I

so your calendar is on Yahoo's email servers.
you can add your yahoo email in your BIS emails. Your emails will flow from yahoo to your device, as well as addressbook synchronization and calendar synchronization (basically it will create a dedicated Yahoo! addressbook and a dedicated Yahoo! calendar in addition to what is already available on your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

intresting what I think you are suggesting is.

my emails allready cross from yahoo to blackberry along with the adress book, therefore all I have to do is sink the outlook to yahoo and all my contacts and calenders will flow also.

regards
Highlighted
Guru I

that is not what I am advising you to do. There is a way to have a direct sync between your Yahoo calendar and your BlackBerry calendar, independently from using Outlook.