Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 900
My Carrier: AT&T

Sync Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 OS to Blackberry

My PC is Windows 7 OS.  I have installed MS Outlook 2013.  I am not able to sync my calendar, contacts, etc to my Blackberry Torch 9800. When I try to configure it with the BB Desktop Software, I am asked to choosed the Outlook Profile from a dropdown menu.  However, there is nothing in the dropdown menu to choose from. I don't know if I have a problem with Outlook 2013 and Windows 7 or if the problem is with Outlook 2013 and the Blackberry Torch 9800.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sync Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 OS to Blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Unfortunately, what you've done is move beyond the supported capabilities of the BlackBerry Desktop Software...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the help.  It does appear Office 2013 is beyond BB support.  I wonder when they will begin to support this.  Unfortunately, I can't even get any help from BB itself.  I was on the phone with a tech one day for 4 hours and the problem was not resolved.  Then I get an e-mail saying the problem was resolved.  Now when I try to contact BB all I get is automated e-mail replies.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep checking with them to see when they get a fix for this.  Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Oh that is quite interesting indeed! I'm amazed you found any method to get any free support from BlackBerry themselves, for all I understand is that they provide no free front line support to end users. Rather, all support starts with the carriers, original places of purchase, or authorized service centers (it varies by region and issue)...all who can escalate to BlackBerry cases that they cannot handle. But to access BlackBerry support formally and directly would be quite interesting indeed!

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I did contact my carrier (AT&T) first; 3 hours there. They put me in touch with BB; another 4 hours. I think the help stopped when they realized I did not have a business account. I could never get a response from MS. Until someone comes up with a fix I guess I'll make calendar entries twice (once on PC & once on BB). Or, use a web calendar like google's and just log into their site each tme and forget the BB calendar. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

justplainfrank wrote:

I did contact my carrier (AT&T) first; 3 hours there. They put me in touch with BB; another 4 hours. I think the help stopped when they realized I did not have a business account.

Ahhhh...that makes more sense, thanks! However, your last suspicion there certainly should not be the case...all users with proper data plan subscriptions are entitled to support in exactly the way you laid out there (start with carrier, escalate to BlackBerry).

justplainfrank wrote:

I could never get a response from MS. 

Not really surprising...it's not really their issue to make BlackBerry software compatible...

justplainfrank wrote:

Until someone comes up with a fix I guess I'll make calendar entries twice (once on PC & once on BB). Or, use a web calendar like google's and just log into their site each tme and forget the BB calendar. Smiley Frustrated

Or, perhaps consider using a "cloud" service that is compatible with your BB also sync with your Outlook client? I believe that Google still allows for their PC-based sync app to be available for free for calendar sync between Outlook and Google (I do not know if it is, though, compatible with OL2013). And BIS should also allow to sync between your BB and Google.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Bell

I have been able to sync all of my Outlook 2013 data (calendar, tasks, contacts, notes) to my Blackberry Curve using Blackberry Desktop. This was done on a new installation of Windows 7. In this case, Outlook was configured without email support. I didn't do anything differently during the set-up process - I followed all of the same steps as I did when I was using Outlook 2003. Perhaps creating a new Windows user account and/or reinstalling Outlook and Blackberry Desktop and then configuring Outlook without email support would resolve any issues that others are having. Or perhaps recent updates to both pieces of software have resolved these issues.