Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Sync Problem

[ Edited ]

I am using a 9810. i had  to reinstall windows and since i cant sync with Outlook. It worked fine earlier. dont know which version of the Blackberry desktop i had then. Downloaded Desktop 7.1 now and since when i try syncing with MS Outlook the sync stops midway and i get message "CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record". Cant sync anything. Get the same error with contacts, memos, tasks etc even if synced individually

Any advice?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sync Problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Didnt work. Thanks anyway. Although I found out that this RIM is aware of this issue and dont have a solution as of now. Found it http://btsc.win the Blackberry Knowledge base article Article ID: KB31008 (ebapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/searchEntry.do.)
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

"Didnt work"? Even falling back to a prior version didn't work? That would rather unusual indeed...

Yes, there are some KBs on the matter...but most state what you found, and therefore I've found that many users need to fall back to prior versions in order to become functional again.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Worked with BB Desktop 6.

Thanks a lot.

Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome...enjoy!

New Contributor

It synced once and now gives a similar error with a different name "errorcode 0x80040fb3". it starts syncing and then throws up the error and stops syncing. i have BB Desktop 

However intellisync pointed the entries where the there were conflicts between some entries. One had to fix them one by one. Specially callender entries. Somehow some annual events showed busy on the Outlook and the same showed free on the BB....how that happens is unknown...maybe RIM can figure that out. Anyway, its all sorted and am back to desktop 7, thanks to your help.

Thanks again.