Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Problems w/ Blackberry PEARL 8110 & Mac

[ Edited ]

Hey there, I read through alot of the similar problems everyone else is having with sync issues, but nothing specifically relating to the 8110 Pearl.

I have a G4 Dual 1 gig Desktop running OSX 10.4.9.

I'm running Pocketmac Ver 1.2 (1.4) which is apparently also known as PocketMacForBlackBerry4.1.25

I'm also downloaded and installed the new update:  PocketMac v4.1 driver update

Doing this finally resolved the ongoing problem of my mac / Pocketmac never recognizing the Pearl when plugged into the usb cord.

However, it always crashes when i try to sync contacts from my address book.

I do not want to (if at all possible) wipe or delete my contacts on my Pearl, and would prefer to do the 2 way sync.

This problem has not been resolved, and I can not rely on my Blackberry like I thought i was going to able to.

This sync issue is a HUGE pain in the arse, and is really making me consider an iphone.

If anyone has any from Blackberry or this forum have any suggestions on a resolution for this, PLEASE let me know!!

I'd appreciate it!!

Message Edited by Fonzysnap on 12-17-2008 02:09 AM
Message Edited by Fonzysnap on 12-17-2008 02:10 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Sync Problems w/ Blackberry PEARL 8110 & Mac

BUMP!!!
Visitor

Hi There

I had some trouble originally with Pocket Mac (Still fiddling with it on a 2nd machine iBook G4 1.33), I then bough a copy of 'Mark's Space Missing Sync for Blackberry', it does exactly what it says on the tin. I had it working 100% with my 8120 pearl (on O2), and have even now changed to a Curve 8900 (on Orange) and it transfered seamlessly (All files, Contacts, Music, Photos). I is a very good product, it even does music, photos & notes sync. It is  running on a G4 933 Quicksilver but previously on a G4 Dual 533 (Both have 1GB ram).

I will update you on the Pocket Mac progress.

Good Luck

New Contributor

Hey there, thanks so much for the reply and the heads up!!

I checked out the program, and just dowloaded a copy of it.

I'll have to upgrade my OS from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 in order for it to work.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Thanks again!!

P.S.  - who knows, perhaps with the new upgrade to 10.4.11, pocketmac MIGHT actually work!!   (shrugs)