Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Problems with Blackberry Curve 8310

I am also having a problem sync my new Blackberry Curve 8310.   I previously had a Palm Treo 650.   I was finally able to sync the contacts from my Palm to my Blackberry.   I am assuming just like the Palm Treo software I can also view the contacts on my desktop, but I have not been able to view the contacts on the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.    Where do I view this information, that I might have downloaded, there is now tab for the software that allows me to manager my contacts and my calender.   

I use Outlook express for my emails is there any way I can make the Outlook Express the primary software on my desktop for managing my contacts and my calender and being able to sync to my Blackberry.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Sync Problems with Blackberry Curve 8310

They should show up in outlook, I'm not sure how well it will work outlook express though. nothing shows up there?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm going from a Treo 650 to the Curve 8310. Can you tell me how you sync'ed your addr book? Were you able to sync any of your other data like MEMOs? Any input is really appreciated.

Ed

Message Edited by satelliteragtop on 07-20-2009 11:44 AM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

DM is not like the Palm Desktop in that there is no set of visual organizers (calendar-contacts-tasks-memos) to see.  DM serves to sync your data between the BB and another desktop application.

Here is a listing of the apps supported by the various versions of DM. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12268&slic...

When I migrated over from my Treo 650, the Switch Device Wizard did not work.  As a workaround, I sync'd my Palm with Outlook 2003.  To do this I had to use the original cd that came with my Treo to change the conduits so the Palm Desktop sync'd with Outlook.  Not sure if I needed to use the cd to do this, I think you can change those setting in Palm Desktop, but make sure to map the fields well so your data imports into Outlook as you want it.  (The fields are a little different between Palm and Outlook).  ALWAYS make sure you get a good sync of your Palm data before doing any of this.  That way you'll have the data in the Palm Desktop as a backup.

Once I had the data sync'd to Outlook, I just had to set up the synchronization setting on DM to sync over to my BB.

Post back if you have any further questions.  Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.