Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Windows Live Calendar

I am wondering if there is any way to sync my windows live calendar to my BlackBerry 8100.. I am having a hard time trying to find anything online.

Thanks

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Sync Windows Live Calendar

Sync first to Outlook and after sync Outlook with the Blackberry device

http://ciappara.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/sync-outlook-with-windows-live-calendar-for-free/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.

So the only way to do this is to download or sync with Outlook on a PC then sync your phone to the PC? I was hoping there would be an OTA option like Google Sync that goes from cloud to phone with no PC necessary in the middle.
New Contributor

>>I was hoping there would be an OTA option like Google Sync that goes from cloud to phone with no PC necessary in the middle. <<

Me too!

Keeping the PC in the loop often creates duplicates for me.  Not always; but often enough so that I don't trust the data.

Bob

Visitor

I also wanted to sync with windows live calendar and found a solution that is pretty decent.  It is not OTA and still involves Outlook, but avoids having to copy calendar items to your .pst file.  The solution uses ICS.

- In Windows Live Calendar click on the "Share" link next to the printer icon above your calendar and then select your calendar name

- When brought to the next page click on "Share this calendar"

- Then select the "Share friends a view-only link to your calendar"

- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page

- After this is saved click on the link "Import into another calendar application" next to ICS

- This will give you a popup; copy the url in the popup

- Go to Outlook now.  Tools --> Account Settings

- Select "Internet Calendars"

- Select "New"

- Past the URL and click Add

- You should now be able to go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and synchronize with this internet calendar.

Hope this helps.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Tellus

I am also trying to sync windows live calendar to my bb tour 9630.  I have windows 7 on my pc and they no longer offer outlook and recommend windows live instead.  I would like a program that stays on my hard drive that i can sync with my bb, are there any other ways i can do this, or any other programs i could use?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

q_morgase wrote:

I am also trying to sync windows live calendar to my bb tour 9630.  I have windows 7 on my pc and they no longer offer outlook and recommend windows live instead.  I would like a program that stays on my hard drive that i can sync with my bb, are there any other ways i can do this, or any other programs i could use?

You're confusing Outlook (comes with Office, not free) with Outlook Express (bundled with Windows up to XP but now discontinued).

I was also curious if there was a 'cloud' type solution to this, although I'm finding the Google one excellent so far.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sasktel

Thank you chreeg! Thank you for your explanation on how to do this! Now all my calendars on all my different computers sync together from the Windows live calendar (which is the main one I update). Your explanation on effortless syncing made more sense than anything else I have seen out there. I was able to get it to sync to my tour. I have my Windows Calendar synced with the Live Calender too, but I noticed there is not an option to sync with the Windows calender  from the desktop manager, only Outlook it seems.(which I have too thank goodness!!!)

Again, your contribution is greatly appreciated. Sigh!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too have been trying to find a good solution to sync my Windows Live Calendar, but one does not exist.

If you have Outlook, that is your answer. But few home users own a copy of Outlook. RIM unfortunately fails to support other programs through Desktop Manager. I hope RIM plans to do something about this.

Windows Live Calendar does allow you to share your calendar as an ICS/Webcal file. Great. You can subscribe to this in Yahoo Calendar and sync via Desktop Manager, or subscribe to it in Google Calendar and use Google Sync. AOL also offers a free sync program for Blackberry.

But, if you are like me, you don't want workarounds... My last phone had Windows Mobile 6.1. Besides being a painful mobile OS, Windows Mobile has basically the same problem. Microsoft does not offer a solution to sync Windows Live Calendar outside of using Outlook. However I found a brilliant app for WinMo that allowed you to sync any ICS calendar with Pocket Outlook. It worked perfectly. Why is there no Blackberry app for subscribing to ICS calendars and sycncing them with BB calendar? If I knew how to program I would create it. Seriously, someone needs to create this.

Another suggestion is one few have mentioned. WL Calendar also lets you subscribe to your calendar as an RSS feed. Just load it up in your favorite RSS reader and you can access your calendar on your BB.

Lastly, if worse comes to worse, use the daily email reminder feature from WL Calendar to email you with the day's schedule.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

wickedstorm wrote:

If you have Outlook, that is your answer. But few home users own a copy of Outlook. RIM unfortunately fails to support other programs through Desktop Manager. I hope RIM plans to do something about this.

Sorry, but...not quite accurate. See this KB for supported PIMs.

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................