Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Sync and messaging issues with Bold

My wife and I both have Bolds, and mine has been relatively problem-free (touch wood!). However my wife's has started playing up.

1. When she hooks it up to her Windows laptop via USB, the Blackberry Desktop Manager does not seem to recognise that it has been hooked up. There is no indication of the phone's PIN and syncing does not occur (automatically or manually). The only time it will do this, and once only, is if she reboots the laptop and it is the first thing she does before opening any other applications.

2. When she creates a new message (Email or SMS) whenever she used to begin typing the name of the addressee, it would automatically start a dropdown list of possible matches. now it does not. Again, for no apparent reason.

She's getting very frustrated with it at the moment and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Ironically, I use a Mac and have had no problems syncing my Bold with it Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Sync and messaging issues with Bold

1. Can you check which version of the Desktop Manager she has? Also check which version of firmware is on the bold.
  2. Can you check in your Contact options if you have multiple contact lists?