Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Sync crashes Desktop Software 6

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Upgraded(?) Desktop Software to version 6.0.0.43 and now everytime I run the sync the program crashes.  I get an error message that states "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working"... "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Of course when I click "Close program" the program closes and I get no further assistance.   I tried uninstalling 6 and reinstalling 5 and now I cannot sync in that version either (it had worked correctly for a year or so since I got the phone).

Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync crashes Desktop Software 6

Anything in the file: %appdata%/Rim.Desktop.Exception.log

New Contributor

I wasn't able to find that file.  Where should it be?

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Credo Mobile--Sprint

I am having the same problem.  I could not find the ExceptionLog, but found other logs and couldn't determine if anything notable was going on.  Am eager for a resolution!

Many thanks,

Caroline

My Device: BlackBerry 8330

I was able to get it to work, down to almost everything. The problem still persists for the Applications part of it. if i select Applications, it will run looking for the applications on the phone, and just when it finished, the program crashes.

I had to "reset" my phone with the software in order to make it work. I did a backup of everything and I was able to transfer all of it....

Still I want to know why the Applications crashes... Any help on that?

As to find the file, just copy and paste the line into an explorer window. It will open the file in notepad showing a log of the events. At least that is how I was able to read it..

If anyone still have information on how to make the Applications part to run, I would appreciate it...

New Contributor

Well, I loaded the software on my laptop (different computer and operating system) and I get the same issue as before.  Perhaps I am going to have to reset my phone as well.  And the Application segment crashes the program for me as well.

Does anyone from RIM monitor these forums?  I'd love someone with the company to step in and help but I guess that's too much to ask for... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9670
My Carrier: sprint

I am having the same issue on my xp system and can not get the software to run.  Any thoughts..  It just hangs...  version 5.0 was running fine till the upgrade to 6.0.