Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Sync creates duplicate email addresses and copies pictures from other contacts

first post...

I recently updated my 8830.  When i sync'd for the first time, it had 1300 changes to my 1300 contacts.  Each one had a picture change, but not all to the same picture, some were pictures i have downloaded, some were generic pictures.  However, I now have the wrong picture for prolly 1290 contacts that didn't have a picture before.  The picture only shows up on my phone, not in my WindowsMail where it shows the default picture.

additionally...

some of the changes also duplicated the email address.  I have not looked to see how many.

ugggghhhh

Help, please...

Thanks

Pro Vagabond

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Sync creates duplicate email addresses and copies pictures from other contacts

Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Forums

I never hear this, but try this.

If you have all the correct data in outlook, my suggestion is wipe the device (all the data is erased) and synch the device again.

To wipe the device go to menu,  options, security options, general options, press menu, and wipe handheld.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync creates duplicate email addresses and copies pictures from other contacts

I'm also encountering the same issue after upgrading to latest BB OS.  I've already wiped my 8820 and still see duplicate entries, even though the Number of Entries = same as my Outlook database.