Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

Sync only a selection of contacts

My new Blackberry (Torch) is being setup to sync with my company outlook folders : email, contacts, calendar. I have +2500 contacts in my Outlook but I don't want all of them on my Blackberry.

Is there a way to tell the BB to sync only with a selection of contacts, and not all ?

I can make a subfolder in my Outlook Contacts called  eg "Sync to BB"  but how do I tell the BB that is should only sync with this folder ? or am I asking for too much ? (new at this, had BB for 2 days).

Thanks for your replies

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sync only a selection of contacts

Hello,

You will need your BES admins to assist, but I think this KB applies:

• KB18080Configuring synchronization for multiple contact lists with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 on BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0

If you need to avoid them (the BES admins), then doing things the other way around might work for you. As in -- in Outlook, put all of those contacts you DON'T want on the BB into the sub-folder. Then, BES will reconcile only the main Contact folder to the BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch

Sounds really good I'll try it tomorrow thanks a million !!!

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800, and storm II 9550
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've looked everywhere and this is the absolute closest problem to the one I am experiencing.  I also have the new torch, its runnin on OS6.  and I have outlook 2007.  I don't use the enterprise server, I only have 2 personal hotmail accounts set up in outlook.  My Strom II syncs with the main folder on outlook and not the two email accounts.  But my new Torch syncs with the main contacts, AND both personal and work email accounts.... so I end up getting some contacts 3 times in my address book on the phone!!!  Everthing i've read says that it will sync with only the main contacts folder, but it is syncing with all of them.  I have checked and rechecked all the settings for import, and they are set identically to the Storm II.  the mapped field is set to personal/contacts in the desktop software.

So, how do I get the Torch to only import the main contacts, and not the contacts in my email accounts as well?  Why does the Storm II have no problem with doing that?  Other than this minor problem, this new Torch is sooo much better than the Storm, I love it.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!  This is extremely frustrating.

Cheers,

Ryan