Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Sync problems BB8330 <--> Outlook 2003 Calendar

My pc is running XP Pro.  Since getting my BB8330 running 4.3.017 Desktop Manager, I've had problems synching with Calendar (Outlook 2003).  First, my single calendar in Outlook was duplicated/split into 2 calendars on the BB, one for each email account I had set up.  So I found a post in these forums that suggested wiping the BB device, reinstalling/re-setting up everything, and that worked.  It was a pain, but it worked.  All was well, and all sync'ing went along fine for about 10-14 days.

Then on Friday afternoon I sync'ed and virtually all of my appointments, past & future, were wiped out of Outlook on my PC.  I'm trying to restore my .pst from Carbonite, and hopefully that will put the Outlook calendar back where it was before the wipe out Friday afternoon.

However:  all of the "wiped out" appointments are still on the BB!  So I keep trying to get Desktop Mgr configured  to write ALL of the calendar appts to outlook--and it continues to only attempt to add and delete 22 appts from the BB to Outlook:  add Appt A, delete Appt A, add Appt B, delete appt B, and so on--so I keep canceling that and not letting it do that.  If I look at the BB device databases in Backup/Restore, "Calendar" shows 22 items, but "Calendar All" shows 256 items.  I believe the difference is all the appts that show on the BB Calendar but aren't being restored to the Outlook calendar on the PC.

What do I do?  And how do I set this crazy syncing up so I get the fall-off-a-log synchronizing I had with my Treo??

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 with 7.1 OS bundle 2807
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Sync problems BB8330 <--> Outlook 2003 Calendar

YES YES someone else agrees! This synchronization software is TERRIBLE (I'm keeping my language clean here).

I am also running XP Pro and Outlook 2003. Every time I synch I get two sets of Outlook events repeated on the BlackBerry calendar. I delete the duplicates and resynch and it happens again.

Have tried to find a decent explanation of the Filters in Desktop Software since I suspect it could be made to fix your problem and mine but there is next to no documentation and what there is, is useless.

Can anyone tell me how to erase the BlackBerry calendar without erasing the whole D**n device? 

This thing is the HUGEST waster of my TIME!

I wish I could return to Windows Mobile, in fact I wish I'd bought the Motorola insteand of the BlackBerry. The whole BlackBerry experience s***s big time for me.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync problems BB8330 <--> Outlook 2003 Calendar

I'm having this problem as well. To get the bberry to look like outlook again (no duplicates), just go to

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ and blow away (or move out fo the wa) the Intellisync folder. The next sync should make the bberry look like outlook (contacts, too, so be careful). 

But I've now had to do this about 4 times in the last week. It's getting old. I also have 4 calendars listed on the bberry, one for each email address, which is NOT what I want, and that's clearly where the problem lies. How do we delete them?