Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Sync problems between BB & laptop

I use a Blackberry Curve 8520

Just lately I have picked up a problem with the synchronization between my Blackberry and Laptop – working for the past year or more.

The first error message was:

“A program error occurred at line 131 in.\Error.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support”.

As a precaution I re-booted my handheld and also re-installed the software on my Laptop.

I then got the following message:

“CRTtrasColl:Smiley FrustratedetDST TransInfoByName Empty nodelist for tag: Common TransTypeAndAttributes”

It goes through the whole process but nothing is sync’ed.

Please can you help me

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Sync problems between BB & laptop

Hey Willieeuys,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please have a look at the following article that covers error "A program error occurred at line 131 in .\Error.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry® Desktop Software
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32032

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve & Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone & Virgin Mobile

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32032

link shows a blank page : (

My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

When I updated to the most recent version of the desktop software a week ago, it broke my synchonization - error 131.... I have read the article, and I have no monthly recurring entries - still doesn't work. I think there may be a problem of an old deleted entry that doesn't appear in Outlook or my blackberry that was a recurring monthly appointment - I got a reminder for it today in Outlook, but the appointment isn't there OR on my blackberry.  I think its not 100% deleted and maybe this is causing the trouble.  Can't use my calendar on my device until this is fixed.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve & Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone & Virgin Mobile

Seem to have it working not sure which of these actions sorted it.

Deletd FB app but not sure if I needed to or not.

I deleted FB which had associated itself with the Calendar, the phone rebboted.

Then I went into Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Service Book and scrolled down to Facebook Calender CICAL and deleted it.

I went to BB Desktop Manager and went to Organizer/Calendar/Configure and changed sync direction to one way to device only. I then I checked sync upcoming entries only, synced the Calendar data only to test (unchecked the contacts, tasks and memos) and it worked.

Maybe the error is in a past entry on the phone Calendar and just switching to upcoming entries only avoids the problem.

As I say, the Facebook deletion and it's associated CICAL removal may not have been part of this problem, but I am sure glad to have one default diary instead of some appointements going to the default calendar and some to FB one.