Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Sync problems

Sorry, OP = Original Post.

You might could have created your own thread, rather than hijacking this thread off track of the original posters' issue.

It is difficult to follow 2-3 different issues in one thread.

That is what I meant, nothing mean, just that forum etiquette could have been followed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

JSanders, even though I understand it must be hell for you to follow different issues on the posts (too many of them), the question was pretty much the same issue. OS doesn't have a tab to synch MS outlook, it only has: none, ASII or Outlook Express, and this last one doesn't have either calendar, memos, or tasks.

Back to the last question. My info gets cut short on the address and it only displays the City and nothing else like street, zip code and country.

AlexFB wrote:

JSanders, even though I understand it must be hell for you to follow different issues on the posts (too many of them), the question was pretty much the same issue.

Just wow. See it is hard to follow your issue with all the clutter, you must have missed my last questions to you. Please scroll up. I am confused IF the data in your address field is cut off at the same place in EACH contact, or if it varies. Is the character count the same for what data does transfer over. At what character count does it chop?

So, is your Street, Zipcode and Country mapped correctly from Outlook to the BB in Sync?

Does the State field transfer over ok?

Remember, we are all volunteers, and in most cases where I choose to answer or respond to inquiries, it is because I have faced similar situations or know the answer, but to determine IF I can help, sometimes I must ask questions to determine exactly what your particulars might be. Because the other user really does simply have a separate issue, I would prefer him/her to post their own thread. Believe me, it helps. You might be following two or three threads here, I might be following 50-75. So I am slow in the comprehension. Would you please bear with me?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Visitor

JSanders, I am having a similar issue.

Background - BB 8830 Curve. BB owner for 1 week.

I am using Outlook 2003 and I am seeing two issues when I sync my Contacts with my BB:

1) My Contacts in Outlook are listed 'First Last' name - Not 'Last, First'. When I did my initial Contact sync all my Contacts imported into my BB correctly. However, it seems when I modify any contact information in my BB, after the sync, my modified Contacts in Outlook are now listed 'Last, First' name. Contacts that weren't modified by my BB remain correct.

2) After I sync a contact modified by my BB, my Street address gets deleted in Outlook. The City/State/Zip information, however, is maintained. When I re-sync at a later date, my BB contacts are then updated again with the new deleted Street information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cmrawn wrote:

JSanders, I am having a similar issue.

Background - BB 8830 Curve. BB owner for 1 week.

I am using Outlook 2003 and I am seeing two issues when I sync my Contacts with my BB:

1) My Contacts in Outlook are listed 'First Last' name - Not 'Last, First'. When I did my initial Contact sync all my Contacts imported into my BB correctly. However, it seems when I modify any contact information in my BB, after the sync, my modified Contacts in Outlook are now listed 'Last, First' name. Contacts that weren't modified by my BB remain correct.

2) After I sync a contact modified by my BB, my Street address gets deleted in Outlook. The City/State/Zip information, however, is maintained. When I re-sync at a later date, my BB contacts are then updated again with the new deleted Street information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think in both cases this has to do with correctin the mapping of your fields in the Desktop Manager > Sync configuration. Have you looked at that to make sure it is correct, AND make sure the configuration of the address fields and others are to HOME, BUSINESS or OTHER to make sure the data for those fields is not just getting mapped to the wrong place?

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor

JSanders, I understand that you are a volunteer and that you look at way too many threads at the same time. I really appreciate your effort to help veryone, specially me.

I have been to the mapping part but all I can do is either make or remove the arrows on the fields, nothing more than that.

I had one successful synch and now nothing happens when I do a synch, no information is shared from Computer to BB.

I had a single successful attempt at passing the contacts, I haven't been so lucky with the rest of the information on calendar, tasks and memos.

Now that I have all my info in MS Outlook, wouldn't it be easier to uninstall the BB updated software and go back to the original one as I believe that one does have MS Outlook in the configuration options?