Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sync with BES and Personal PC Outlook 2003

Hello;

Have a new BB Curve 8330 from Verizon.  Use BES from my corporation to sync the Curve.  Want to also sync with personal PC and BlackBerry Desktop v4.5.  BlackBerry Desktop sees the device, but when I try to configure the Sync I get the following error message after configuration:

“Synchronization is currently unavailable for:

Calendar, memo pad, address book, tasks

Because the application(s) is (are) configured for wireless synchronization.  Desktop synchronization for the above application(s) will be discarded.”

I've looked in many forums and can't seem to find how to sync with both BES wireless and USB sync to Outlook on my home PC.  Any assistance is appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Sync with BES and Personal PC Outlook 2003

You can either sync a BES account or one with Desktop Manager, not both. However, you can sync other IMAP or POP accounts via BIS.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Sync with BES and Personal PC Outlook 2003

Just to see if I understand this correctly:

1) I currently sync my BB with my personal Outlook at home.  No BES service. I sync contacts, calendar and tasks (stored on my home PC).

2) If I add my corporate email account via BES, then I should see all the corporate contacts and calendar entries in my BB.

Will I, then, not be able to sync with my personal Outlook at home any more? And if I can sync, will all my corporate contacts sync to my personal Outlook and vice versa? Or does DM know to differentiate between entries based on which user/account they were set up with?

Thank you.