Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sync with Outlook 2007

I have the BB Curve 8330 from Verizon, installed BDM 4.3 on Vista machine with Outlook 2007. I do not have any option to sync to Outlook, no Intellisync that I can see and only ASCII and Yahoo as options. Help!! How can I sync to Outlook??
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Sync with Outlook 2007

1. Right-Click on Command Prompt in Start Menu and choose Run as Administrator
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector by typing: c:\> cd program files\research in motion\blackberry\is71 connectors\ms outlook connector

3. Then type in the command prompt, type: regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil

4. If the registration is successful, the following message displays:
DllRegisterSErver in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded.
5. Close and open Blackberry Desktop Manager to perform the synchronization process again and Outlook will be in the list...

If you receive the error message DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005 - you do not have admin rights. So, it's important that you run command prompt as admin.

i followed these instructions (right-clicked on command prompt for bb and ran as administrator) but when i opened the blackberry folder there is only the "readme" file.
New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm running Win7 and get an error pop-up that says "To register a module, you must provide a binary name."  Yet with I go back into DV, Outlook now appears.  Thanks.