Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus

Synch of BB Bold 9000 not consistent across computers

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

I've got a BB Bold 9000  Details as follows:

BlackBerry® 9000 smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi) v5.0.0.771 (Bundle 1301, Platform 5.2.0.72) Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.85 Branding Version: 1.0.122.453v Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1 Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1 Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0 Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1 Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0 Micro Edition File Version: 1.0 Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1 Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1 Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0 WLAN Version: 3.0.0.126

Both computers are using Windows XP professional and Outlook 2007 (Outlook software provided by my employer on both computers).  I've had our tech support check through the setup on both computers and they can't find anything wrong with my settings.

My issue is that when I synch my BB Bold 9000 with my desktop at work (it's my private Blackberry, not connected to an enterprise server), all is fine, but when I synch it to my laptop, all my recurring appointments (anniversaries, birthdays, and other full day events) get screwed up.  They get shifted by several hours into the past so that they are across two days instead of just one.  Then, when I re-synch with my desktop, it just copies the correct versions across, and next time I synch with the laptop, these get shifted into the past again.  After a few synchs on each computer, I end up five or six copies of the same reminder one on the right day and time, and the rest starting on the previous day.  I have to find and delete these extra occurrences each time I synch to the laptop.

Here's what I've checked:

Time zones on all three devices are identical.

Daylight savings time does not apply here (Queensland, Australia), so it's turned off on all three devices.

Time zone settings in Outlook are the same as the computer time zone settings are the same as the Blackberry time zone settings across all three devices.

It ONLY happens to calendar items that are full day events (like anniversaries, birthdays, and other reminders).  Other calendar events are not affected. 

Any idea what's happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Chris