Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Synch process fails during calendar synch

I am running version 4.3 and when I synchronize, the Desktop software crashes while the calendar is synching.  I tried eliminating the Calendar items from the next synch, and there were no problems (other than my calendar is not synched).  I am running Outlook.  I would appreciate any advice on this!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synch process fails during calendar synch

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please specify the PC operating system and version of Outlook.

Are you getting an error message ?

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks.  I am running Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002.  The error message is "unexpected problem" and the Desktop shuts down.  I copied the message that is sent to Microsoft.  It is:

EventType : BEX P1 : DesktopMgr.exe P2 : 4.3.0.17 P3 : 473889e9

P4 : MsOutlookConnector.fil P5 : 7.1.1.181 P6 : 46ba4cec

P7 : 0003835d P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

New Contributor

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue.  I am running XP professional and Outlook 2003 SP2.  Initially my calendar sync was working fine, however with in the past week I have had the same problem of the Desktop Manager crashing during the calendar sync.

Thanks

Strange. I am having the same problem and it started about a week ago. I have an 8830 and am trying to sync with a Toshiba laptop that has Vista and Outlook 2007 on it, so the system doesn't seem to matter. Everything works well until I get to "Reading from MS Outlook Calendar". The bar consistantly goes to 40%  and then a message pops up saying "A problem stopped the program working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if the solution is found". I can't get past this to load contacts or anything else. I tried reloading the software and removing the BB battery but that didnt make any difference.

Guru I

Hi L,

First let's get you to the latest DM ver 4.6

Uninstall the original via this procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10332&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Here is where you can download DM 4.6. Make sure you do not download the media manager:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Remove the old, Reboot the PC and install DM 4.6. Go through the wizard, and try to sync.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I had this problem a while back with an 8310 and Outlook 2007.  I think I solved it as follows:

1. in the Desktop Manager, go into the sync configuration and ensure that the "confirm deletions" and "confirm changes and additions" is turned on for the calendar options

2. start the sync

3. when the confirmation dialog appears, select the option to perform a re-sync

I think this solved it for me - it was a while back but I think that's what I did.  

New Contributor

I am having a similar issue..

Fiirst off.. PC info.

Win XP Pro SP3

Outlook 2003 SP2

My wife and I both have Blackberries, I have a Pearl 8130 running OS 4.5.0.66 while she has a Curve 8330 running OS 4.5.77

I upgraded both devices to 4.5 because we wanted the ability to separate our work and home calendars.
So we both sync our home calendar using BBDM 4.2, which has been fine until yesterday. We use DM 4.2 because it is required for my home mail server. She uses Desktop 4.2 at work also (this time because she still uses Outlook 2000, which DM 4.5 does not support.)

When we first setup the home DM we specified a default calendar in options > Advanced Option > Default Services. She changes the default calendar if she needs to sync her work calendar. This had been fine for a week. but yesterday it just stopped syncing the Calendar, Contacts is fine.. There is no error report, no pop-up to say error detected and nothing in the sync log.

I've tried reconfiguring the sync settings, recreated the sync profile, rebooted the PC and did a battery pull on the hand held. Nothing seems to help. The only way I can get things to sync now is to change the default calendar account to what she uses at work, then it sync's but duplicates the home entries and adds the work entries to the home calendar.

On my handheld I've done the same with no luck. I do not sync my work calendar via DM at works, I use BIS only and the calendar event are only added if I receive a meeting request via e-mail. I did install NotifyLink so I do some testing with it, and it is configured to do an OTA sync of the calendar. And I used a different Default calendar account for that. And if I switch to the account I used for the OTA sync I too get all the home calendar event duplicating in the calendar.

My question is.. Can someone shed some light on this? Is this ultimately because DM 4.2 can not distinguish between the different calendar accounts and will only sync with the last one setup?

I upgraded my 8130 to o/s 4.5.0.77 (the same version my wife's 8330 is running) The upgrade went fine.. Everything on the handheld seemed to be ok....

I connected the Pearl to the desktop this morning and was able to successfully sync the calendar. But I stll can not sync the Curve. And there is no O/S upgrade available for it yet for me to try that...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  

Guru I

Hi Dstaff,

Please open a new thread for your specific problem.

Although similar, it may take different steps for resolution.

If you open a new thread you will have more visibility to more users,

and therefore more input towards resolution,

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi B,

Can you check the link that you provded for uninstall instructions?  I am reaching an instruction about Gmail.  Thanks!