Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synch process fails during calendar synch

My Bad Smiley Happy

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

There you go!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem.  Started sometime this week or last.

I have the BB Curve 8830, Windows XP home edition, Outlook 2003.

Was there a windows software update that started this?  My Outlook has also started to freeze within the last week.

I also had the same problem with the link to the uninstall.

Guru I

HI and welcome to the forums!

Yvette, I suggest you open your own thread, your problem while similar to the originators

may be quite different. If you open a new thread with all pertinent Info, more users will read it,

therefore more help toward a resolution.

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I'm brand new.  How do I open a new thread?

Guru I

Hi!

Go to the main page of the forums and find the grey bar that runs across the top,

You will see new message, that's where you open a thread.

Ok?

New Contributor

Thanks, B!  I am all set.
New Contributor

Having re-visited this thread after a week or so, I don't think anyone's posted a solution yet.  I've had the problem again today and my previously-posted "potential" solution didn't work for me this time.  However, I offer another two options:

1. Sometimes, simply re-syncing again makes the problem go away.  Sometimes it doesn't though.  So, it's probably not a very scientific solution.

2. This may be more promising though.  At the same time that I got the error, I noticed that my available memory as displayed in the "Status" screen was down to 0.  A bit of cleaning up (deleting apps, clearing browser cookies etc.) obviously freed up some memory.  Then the sync worked OK.  Now, I know this is not necessarily a causal link, but I'd suggest it's worth a try.  Further experimentation by me and others when the problem occurs should establish whether it's a solution or another red herring.  Good luck.

Guru I

Hi grahamh,

That is a very healthy idea. Lack of memory and low batteries do/can cause problems in operations with the

Desktop Software.

I always close all apps and use the memory cleaner and clear all browser cache, before backup and synch.

It a good habit also, because you actually get in the habit of looking at your memory, in my case at least once a day.

Thanks for the input!

How does one clean up the memory adn cache?
New Contributor