Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synch with Groupwise Causes alarms to be set at 12:05 AM

Hi,

I have a Black Berry 8700 and I have the 4.7 desktop client and am synching with Groupwise 7.0.3.  When I synch my calendar items they get transferred to my BB with an alarm time of 12:05.  I have my default alarm time set to 5 minutes prior to the appointment start time set in both Groupwise and on the BB. 

If I manually change the appointment notify time from say 875 minutes to 5 minutes it will synch back to GW fine. Has anyone seen this and more importantly what is the fix.

Thanks

Dan

New Contributor

Re: Synch with Groupwise Causes alarms to be set at 12:05 AM or unusually large number of minutes

I have a similar problem with all of our Blackberry 8300 (Curve).  We are running BES for GroupWise 4.1.6 MR2 Rollup (Build 94) and the GroupWise Client 8.0.0 Build 84910 on the server. Every calendar appointment reminder is correct on the PC side but when sync'd to the Blackberry they are 57456854 min.  We can manually change each one but that isn't practical and if the appt gets changed on the PC side it syncs with the crazy 57456854 min default.

Kevin Johnson

New Contributor

Re: Synch with Groupwise Causes alarms to be set at 12:05 AM

[ Edited ]

Install GroupWise Client 7.0.3 HP1 - (In Novell GroupWise versions earlier than 7.0.3 HP2, the alarm time was relative to a minimum value (midnight, 30 December 1899), whereas Novell GroupWise 7.0.3 HP2 and later, the alarm time is based on the current date and time.)

This solved my problem!!!!
Message Edited by kevin.johnson on 04-27-2009 06:11 PM