Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Synching Blackberry Curve to windows calendar and windows mail contacts

I am a new user, and have MS office home and student on my machine, but this does not include Outlook.  It has something called windows mail, which has a contacts module, and windows calendar.  Is is possible to sync the Curve to these packages, or do I have to get Outlook?  Any other packages that might do and be cheaper?  I was told by the guy at Best Buy that BB had its own calendar and contacts program, the way Palm (which I am replacing) does.  Guess he didn't know what he was talking about.  I like to print hard copies of the calendar from time to time.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synching Blackberry Curve to windows calendar and windows mail contacts

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Blackberry does have it's own calendar and the "contacts" program is the address book. I didn't see an option in DeskTop Software for the PC programs you mentioned, but that doesn't mean it won't work. I'm just not familiar with those.

As far as printing from your Blackberry, I believe that isn't a function. Say you were to get Outlook, you could sync your calendars and print it from Windows.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That's the problem.  Windows mail and windows calendar do not appear on the drop-downs, so does that mean that you cannot sync to them?  I am running Vista, if that makes a difference.
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Just looked it's not in the options, suggests to me that it isn't supported. I don't think Vista has anything to do with it, I have Xp pro. I think it's the options supported by Blackberry. If you decide to get Outlook, search the forums first. I think there maybe some issues or special considerations with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 and I have no problems.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter