Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: AT&T

Synching Blackberry with Microsoft Outlook

A while back last year, after much time spent by Blackberry support staff on my behalf, I accepted the fact that I could no longer synch my Blackberry 9300 Curve address book or calendar with their counterparts on my laptop's Microsoft Outlook 2007 software.  This is an incredibly useful feature for me.  Rather than buy an iPhone, I decided to wait until the Q10 phone and the v.10 software came out, which are around the time corner now. Can anyone authoritatively tell me whether or not buying this new phone and installing the new software will resolve my problem? Thank you.

Angel Castillo, Jr.

Miami 040913

casstawal-at-aol-com

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Synching Blackberry with Microsoft Outlook

At this time with the latest update of the Blackberry Link software it is possible to sync Outlook back to the Z10. The sync going to Outlook is supposed to come in another update from what I have been told.

There are work arounds to get the contacts between Outlook and the phone in both directions. This can be done using Hotmail ( http://www.outlook.com   or   http://www.hotmail.com ) with the sync option. A software called Outlook Connector is required to make this work with Outlook and Hotmail sync. This software can be downloaded from Microsoft. The Z10 can be synced with Hotmail. I tried this, and it works well.

Take note in Outlook the Hotmail contacts list will appear in its own sub folder inside of the Contacts Option area.  I have used this feature with Outlook 2010 only. I did not try it with earlier versions, but I think it should work. Outlooks is updated with the Send/Recieve action.

Syncing with Hotmail has its advantages. This allows remote PC access to the Contacts list through Hotmail. Corrections can be made in Hotmail and they should reflect in the phone. Corrections made in the phone should reflect in Hotmail. When setting up Hotmail in the phone, the sync feature must be allowed.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Synching Blackberry with Microsoft Outlook

Very kind of you to respond with details.  Having to work through Hotmail sounds complicated, but if that is the only way I will have to try it.  I am very reluctant to stop using a Blackberry.

Thanks for your courtesy.

Angel Castillo, Jr.