Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Synching Curve 9930

Help!  I have always been able to synch my BB Curve 9930 with my Microsoft Outlook, in particular my contacts.  Recently, every time I try to synch, the process freezes and will only synch up to the 200th contact out of my 1,400+.  The BB Desktop Software screen changes from connected to connecting and teh synching stops.  I have let it sit for a long time with no change.  Then when I click cancel, it appears to be in perpetual cancelling mode.  When I unplug the BB from the computer, the actual phone is frozen and I have to remove the battery and reboot the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue and how do I fix it?

Thanks for teh help.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Synching Curve 9930

Hey efried12,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

As a test try configuring the BlackBerry Desktop Software to synchronize the Contacts one way from the BlackBerry smartphone to Microsoft Outlook and vise-versa to help determine where the problem is.

Review the following article for information on how to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03315

Let me know what direction it is allowing you to synchronize.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!