Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: Synching calendar from Bold 9780 with Outlook 2007 - I'm having problems - Please help!

Well if the Show All Calendars is selected, (as it is as default because I haven't altered it previously), does that not mean everything should go over?

It is apparent that the calendar being used is the one under my email address as it is the only one with any entries.  The other, (Default), shows blank.

Surely Show All Calendars should allow entries from both calendars to be transferred over - or am I wrong?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Synching calendar from Bold 9780 with Outlook 2007 - I'm having problems - Please help!

Check which calendars should be transferred by plugging your BlackBerry into your computer, then open the Desktop Software. Once your device has connected, do the following:

Go to Organizer, then select View (beside the Calendar listing). Is your email address calendar listed there?

I know I'm going slowly with this, but I want to make sure I'm on the same page with you so that I'm not trying to get you to do something that doesn't pertain to your situation.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hi Krypto,

I'm confused!

I've plugged in my BB, opened the Desktop Software and the device has connected.

Over on the left side of the Desktop I hit Organizer but I cannot see the option for View and I cannot see a claendar listing either.

May be I'm looking at a different version of the Desktop because I cannot see what you are describing, therefore I cannot follow the instructions you are offering.

What should I do? 

Elite I

What version of the Desktop Software are you using? That might be the problem. Try uninstalling the Desktop Software, then download and install a fresh version from http://blackberry.com/desktop.

There have been some enhancements in the latest versions that may help, especially if you're still on Desktop Manager 5 or Desktop Software 6.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

The 9780 is running version 6.0 Bundle 2949, (whatever that means).

This is shown on the opening screen when the Desktop is launched and the phone achieves connection.

I have established that the BlackBerry Desktop software version is 7.1.0.37 Bundle 39.

Does that help you?

Elite I

That does. Give me until later today to see if I can replicate anything.

Contributor

S for your perseverance!

You must dread people like me!

If there's any way I can show some screenshots that might help, please instruct me on how I "attach" them to the post.

Elite I

That may indeed help! Take a screenshot of the Organize screen in the Desktop Software while your Bold 9780 is plugged in. To do that, go to Start > Accessories > Snipping Tool, select the area to snip and snip away. Then to post it here on the forums, hit the Reply button, type out your post and you can add the attachment on the right side of the screen.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you!

Highlighted
Contributor

OK  -  I'm going to attempt this but I don't know if it will work.  Only one way to find out!

It worked - I think!

Please note I have unchecked all of the boxes.  I did this so that I didn't lose any data accidentally - it's me being cautious!

Hope this helps!

Desktop SW-001.JPG

Contributor

Hi,

You seem to have gone quiet on me.

Have you been on holiday?

I would really appreciate your help.