Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Synching calendar from Bold 9780 with Outlook 2007 - I'm having problems - Please help!

Hi Barney, sorry, its just been a busy few days and I haven't had much time at my computer, but I haven't forgot. I've been trying to see if I can come up with anything else and the only thing I can suggest is what was in that original KB article I posted. But I did notice that some of the instructions there may be a bit confusing, so I'm going to try to repost them here for you, just in case (note: these instructions are based on a Torch 9860, so they may still be just slightly different than yours).

Go to Options, then Device, then Advanced Options or Advanced System settings. Next, select Default Services and change the Calendar service to your email account where all your calendar entries are being stored.

Once this is done, try creating a new calendar entry and then try to sync your calendar with Outlook. At the very minimum, that new calendar entry should now sync with Outlook.

This may or may not help previous calendar entries, but should help with future ones.

Let me know how that works out for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: Synching calendar from Bold 9780 with Outlook 2007 - I'm having problems - Please help!

Hi Krypto,

Me again!

OK - I assume you are referring to me making changes on my phone with your first det of instruction, i.e.:

"Go to Options, then Device, then Advanced Options or Advanced System settings. Next, select Default Services and change the Calendar service to your email account where all your calendar entries are being stored".

To get to the Default Services this is what I have to do:

1. Hit the spanner icon (Options).

2. Pan down to Device (items listed under this are PIN, auto on/off, battery and storage)

3. Pan down to Advanced System Settings, (items listed under this option are Enterprise activation and service book).

4. Pan down to Default Services, (items listed here are Change default calendar, contact list, email address).

Looking at the next load of screen information/options I have:

Screen Title: Default placement for new items

a) Calendar (CICAL) - under this highlighted in blue I have my email address and a down arrow indicating that there   are other choices - I report that there are none other than my email address.

b) Contact List (SYNC) - under this again is a supposed list but it only contains one entitled "Default".

c) Then finally there is Messaging (CMIME) - under that again is my email address and nothing else.

So given that I cannot change anything anyway and I am already storing  under my email address/account as there is nothing else, what should I do.

I do not want to proceed unless I am certain I am doing the correct thing - I don't want to mess something else up in the process.  So as you suggest, I will go through this with you step by step.  First let's make sure you understand what I can see!

Contributor

Just an addendum to my last post!

I have set up the DTS (Desktop S/W) so that I synch only from my phone to Outlook and then using the settings on my phone I described to you, (the only ones as I see it), I have synched.

The dummy entry that I put in my phone for the 1 February did not go over. Without going into my very busy schedule (ha ha!), in any great detail, I haven't checked if anything else is missing.

When I get the short report of what changes have been made, all I get is one item change which was in the past and is now deleted, but no mention of the new dummy appointment.

Weirder and weirder!
Elite I

Indeed, this is very weird. You seem to have everything set up correctly on both your device and your computer, so I'm not sure what the problem is, especially if you aren't getting an error message when synching.

At this point, the only thing I can suggest is what another user tried in another thread. See if this can help:

"What I did, though, that fixed it is: I don't know what fixed it! I took the black berry to another computer that I seldom ever sync with just to see what would happen. All the data including the mysterious calendar entries synced (sunk?) properly. Ok so I narrowed down the problem to my laptop (which is the computer I was having the problem with when posting this thread).

So I took the blackberry back to my laptop, connected it, sunk it, and nothing, the calender same issue. So I hit reset settings in the desktop software and tried to sink again and it magically worked. So I suppose resetting the settings fixed the problem. Everything from the phone including the mystery calendar entries are now synchronized. I guess I should have tried the obvious earlier instead of trying all these advanced settings. K.I.S.S."

Original thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Sync-won-t-sync-all-calendar-items/td...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Interesting!

He is just going a little fast for me there.

What does he mean "reset the settings in the desktop software"?

I assume he means setting everything to default - is that so?

If so what buttons and options does he press/hit?

Still need guidance and really appreciate your help.
Elite I

Try using the steps here to reset the Desktop Software:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18596/Reset_desktop_settings_1198201_11....

I hope this works!