Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Synching microsoft outlook calendar with Curve 8330 (Verizon)

Bought the Verizon curve 8330 and I cannot synch Outlook calendar w/device. I get the following error message "The Operation terminated unexpectedly" @ the "Process Device Calendar" stage. I was, successfully, able to synch (and resynch) address book/contacts; memo; and task lists.

I tried the following workarounds/fixes for the calendar (these are listed in no particular order), but no luck:

(1) Wiped device memory

(2) Upgraded from Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 to 4.5

(3) Reconfigured snchronization via the configuration wizrd, including deleting or, in some cases, renaming the Intellisync folder

(4) Reviewed the view log in the configuration screen and the tracer log in the Intelliync folder to try to ascertain where in the actions the failure occurs;

(5) Deleted over 2850 outdated Outlook calendar entries (went from 4056 records to about 1200), including deleting outdated invites that had attachments

(6) With each failed attempt, I tried synching all events; then just future events. I also tried synching from Outlook to the device only (also failed) and the two way synch (even though I don’t have any calendar entries on the new BB)

(7) Rebooted PC and device countless #s of times

(8) Tried synchronizing w/PC in safe mode.

My version of Outlook is 2003; My Operating system is Windows XP 2002 (Professional);The Blackberry Desktop software/Manager is now v4.5

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have 20 days to go under Verizon’s exchange/return policy and will have to return it (and stick with my exisitng Moto Q (even though BB suits my needs better)) if I cant synch the calendar.

THANKS!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synching microsoft outlook calendar with Curve 8330 (Verizon)

Amiscor,

I believe we have tried everything we can from the Pc out. It maybe it's time to see if there is something in Outlook that is corrupted. Try backing up your .pst files and deleting them from Outlook. See if you can back it up ( nothing will be in it) and NOT get the error. If it works, then try reloading your .pst files with all your folders. If it doesn't work the second time, there is a corrupt file in folders that is preventing the sync.

I have provided a link as to where the .pst files are.

What do you think?

Let me know!

http://ask-leo.com/where_is_my_outlook_pst_file_located.html

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Good news-- Thanks for the tip. I did as you suggested but I exported a .pst file for my calendar (so i can import back since these are all work appts)). Once i did that, I deleted all my Outlook calendar entries; added a simple entry; and then synched the calendar only. And voila, 1 of 1 records was transferred to my device. Smiley Happy 

Bad news-- Once I imported my calendar back to Outlook and synchronized, it failed.  SO, if what you said is true, then somewhere in my 637 or so calendar entries there is/are corrupt file(s). eeek!! I realize my next question is beyond this forum, but might as well ask-- how in the world do I fix or check for these? Smiley Sad

Guru I

Sorry! You have exceeded the collective ken of this individual!

I'd try a Google search first, then the Microsoft knowledgebase.

If I get a chance I'll look around and send you a pm. 

If you need anything else please ask. If not would you mind resolving the thread? Use the options over the kudos star.

That ways other users can find information quicker.

Thanks!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I answered to someone having the same problem as yours... he's happy now. But only 35 events.
hope this helps.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thanks X and bifocals for the additional follow-up. While it was like finding a needle in a haystack, the root of Outlook calendar synchronization to my device problem was that there were 4 appts with URLs in the body/notes. After I isolated these 4 entries (I basically moved them to another calendar in another personal folder), I was able to synch Outlook calendar to my device.  Great!  Now I need to figure out how to deal with this issue and find a workaround since it's very frequent that in my line of work, a web/url address is included in the body/notes of a meeting invite.
Guru I

The first thing I can think of is can you put the URLS in regular type as opposed to hypertext. I know it might be a hassle, but you just have to cut and paste to browser. I could not find any reference to this in a search of the forum.

Let me know if this helps!

Contributor

Through trial and error, i tried with each of the 4 to figure out why this issue. The common denominator for the 4 were the URLs in the body of the Outlook calendar invite. I tried resynching each one and 3 out of the 4 finally ended up synching just fine. But when I tried to synch that last 1, seems the URL wasn't even the issue since I tried to synch it w/o the body/note next and it failed. So, for that one, this was the error in the log:

Mon Aug 11 12:49:43 2008: Error 0x83110005.-2096037883.0 at .\syncconfigmanager.cpp line 1137
Mon Aug 11 12:49:45 2008: Error Failed to load CXLServer1.dll from the product directory..4005 at .\callback.cpp line 3610

Maybe the meeting notice itself is corrupt?

Guru I

delete everything on the 11th and try it!

Contributor

No luck. The problem meeting notice is scheduled for Aug 14. Once I delete that one, the synch process is OK. The invites on the 11th are fine. Since I isolated the problem to 1 invite (not sure what the conditions are so i wont be much help for anyone else having a similar problem or if I have the same problem in the future), and the rest are synching ok, I'm just going to let it go. I'll monitor my invites for the next few days and see if there is anything else that is/was unique about it that causes the problem.