Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synching multiple calenders from BB to Outlook

Hi all,

I'm super new to this - I have my BB Bold configured for two email addresses - 1 work, 1 personal. 

I've been using the calender to organise myself (finally!) by assigning work events to the work email and personal events to the personal email.  Which is super handy......as my work hours are all over the place.

However, when I synch the BB to my laptop, only the personal events appear in the outlook calender??

Both email accounts are POP/SMTP, and the personal email account is the default email in outlook.

I've figured out the Advanced Options/Default Services/CICAL can change which calender gets synched.... 

Is there anyway to get both calenders synched into Outlook...? so I can print it out?

many thanks in advance!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Synching multiple calenders from BB to Outlook

Your device uses a default calendar, which is the first calendar configured by your device. If you add a second 
calendar to your device, from another organizer source, and try to synchronize that calendar with th
BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, your synchronization will fail. 
Impact: Only your default calendar is recognized by Intellisync. If you try to synchronize your second 
calendar, you will be prompted incorrectly to add your second calendar entries to your default calendar. 
This also applies to multiple address books on your device. 
Workaround: Choose your second calendar as your default one: 
1. In the device options, click Advanced Options. 
2. Click Default Services. 
3. Change the Calendar (CICAL) field. 
4. Press the Menu key. 
5. Click Save. 
Now synchronize again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Synching multiple calenders from BB to Outlook

Hey there,

thanks for your prompt reply.  So, by changing the CICAL I get the 'work' calender synched to my outlook, but all the entries in the 'personal' calender disappears.  There isn't a way around having both calenders appear on the outlook? So that I get the same view on the computer as the calender on the BB? (colour coded for each email address)

I did find out about the multiple address books, so instead I categorised all the contacts and they get synched into one folder on outlook.

Is there a way of doing a similar thing for the calendar?

thanks again