Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synching my outlook contacts with BB BOLD

Just bought my Bold.  I tried installing 'notifylink' (as recommneded by my company) on my Bold to sync email, contacts and calendar.  I am exhausted it just doesn't work.

Is there a way I can sync the outlook contacts from my laptop with Bold.  Prefer a USB connection method instead of wireless.  I have already installed the 'Desktop Manager' on my lap top.  Use windows XP laptop

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synching my outlook contacts with BB BOLD

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

What version of DM did install?

Go to the support tab at the top of the page, select product manuals and guide, and get the manual

for your version of DM. Then read it Smiley Happy

Thanks

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-02-2008 09:27 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-02-2008 09:27 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

The DM version is 4.6 (the CD came with the handset)  DM help menu tells me to do the following:

Set up organizer data synchronization
  1. Connect your BlackBerry® device to your computer.
  2. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
  3. Click Synchronize.
  4. In the left pane, click Configuration > Synchronization.
  5. Click Synchronization.
  6. Select the check box beside an organizer application.
  7. Click Setup.
  8. In the Available desktop applications list, click the organizer application on your computer.
  9. Click Next.
  10. Select the synchronization options.
  11. Click Next.
  12. Click Finish.

I don't find a check box at step 6.  There are only 2 options that I can choose:

1. Synchonization
  2. reset configuration.

When I click on 'Synchronization' an error message comes "Warning encountered. warning code-0x3b21. check documentation'

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi

4, In the left pane, click Configuration > Synchronization. White and Blue in upper left hand corner

5, Click Synchronization the grey radio button  on the top

6. Takes you out of the blue screen and into a setup wizard with options

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-02-2008 11:34 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Hello,

i arrived  to the step 6. clicking on the grey radio button but no set up wizard page appeared just a message telling me that i need to check my inetrnet connection, that the computer needs to be connect to the internet to set up the initial parameter of synchronisation. my internet is woorking so i do not understand what's the problem.

thanks for your reply

jerome

New Contributor

At step 6, I get the same error message as before...."Warning encountered- Warning code - 0x3b21. Check documentation"

Jose

hello,

I tried with version 4/2/2 , pc doesn't reconize the bb it's impossible to connect pc and bb. version 4/6 the software manager does't reconize outlook 2000.

operative system: xp pro

Anyone can help me?

massimo

New Contributor

I'm having trouble with this issue too.  I bought a Bold yesterday, installed desktop 4.6 from cd and Outlook 2000 does not appear on the desktop application list with setting up synchronization.

A search of Blackberry tech support found the issue, but the suggested solution did not correct the bug.

The first suggestion was that Outlook may not be installed -- that is not it!

The second solution was:

+++++++++++++++

Cause 2

The msoutlookconnector.fil component of Intellisync has not been registered successfully.

Resolution

1. On the computer, open a command prompt.
  2. Navigate to path C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
  3. In the command prompt, type regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil.
  4. You will receive a prompt DllRegisterServer in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded if the registration is successful.
  5. Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager and start the Intellisync setup again.

++++++++++++++++++

I tried that and it did not correct the problem.  Maybe it will work for you?

My solution/workaround was to uninstall desktop version 4.6 and then grab version 4.2 from BB and install it.  Now Outlook appears in the available desktop apps and I can synch.  Unfortunately, the 4.2 application launcher does not recognize the Bold so I cannot use it to install apps with.  Instead, I have to send apps to the Bold by Text message.  It is working better than using version 4.6 without synch, but still not too good.  Hopefully RIM/BB will prioritize the synch issue.

If anyone has a solution that will fix the missing outlook in version 4.6, please post.  I thought maybe migrating from 4.2 to 4.6 would help but it did not.  Now I'm thinking maybe a desktop version after 4.2 but before 4.6 will synch  outlook and recognize the bold -- maybe wishful thinking and a waste of time.   It would sure be nice if there was some constructive feedback from RIM/BB on this.  Thanks!   Jim

Hello,

version 4/6 works with outlook 2007. version 4/6 doesn't reconize outlook 2000.

Thank you, massimo

Highlighted

I just got a BB Bold and I'm having the same problem in Outlook 2007.  I'm getting the 0x3b21 error when I try to configure the sync.  As above, my company is asking me to set it up to sync with my company email, calendars, etc.  The O/S is Windows XP.

Please help!  Thanks!