Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: WIND

Synching w MAC - best contact/address book options?

I have used Entourage for some time but due to what appears to be a self-professed problem with Entourage - and pretty poor weak BB Synch software for MAC I need to find a simple and dependable solution for my contacts and and appointment book.  Entourage and BB just dont get along - even with the most update hardware and software (OS Snow Leapord and BB Bold 9700)

I have gone back to iCal, and the MAC address book and iMail - none of which are fully integrated and again BB desktop synch for MAC is so poor that even this option has major hick-ups.

I need a true synch and good management in this area - anyone found a solution?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Synching w MAC - best contact/address book options?

Don't mean to sound negative on the BB/Mac combo but the solution to your problem is right around the corner.  It's called the iPhone 4!  

I just "upgraded" to a new 9700 two weeks ago under the illusion that it would have to be better than using my 8830 with my Mac and alas, it is not.  I will be paying full pop for the new iPhone 4 when it becomes available and be saying au revoir to my BB.  

The other option would be to chuck my MacBook Pro and go back to a PC!

New Contributor
My Carrier: WIND

Re: Synching w MAC - best contact/address book options?

Having just switched carriers and spent 400+ on a new BB Bold - and with a carrier whose bands are not on the new iPhone - nor does it solve synching with an intergrated mail/addy/appt software - sorry but far from a solution!