Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

Synchronisation problems

Since the desktop software for my Blackberry Torch 9800 updated itself I cannot synchronise properly.  Formerly, the set-up was for a two-way synchronisation with the main source of new organiser data being MS Outlook on my computer and everything worked fine.  After updating, when I first tried a synchronisation, the preview indicated that much of my calendar data would be deleted!  I took this to be because the Torch setting was for retention of the calendar data for only 90 days whilst my Outlook is set to 18 months retention before archiving (this may or may not be significant).   Next I set the calendar, address book, tasks and memos to synchronise only one way from Outlook to my Torch, and for good measure set the Torch to retain calendar data 'Forever'.  After rebooting both the computer and the Torch (by battery removal) I still have the synchronisation option wishing to delete much of my calendar data in Outlook.  Is this a known issue, and what is the fix please?  Device software is 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform version 6.6.0.236).  Computer operating system is Windows 7 64-bit.  MS Outlook is from Office 2010 32-bit.