Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Synchronisation ruins Outlook 2010 task formatting

Win XP SP3, Outlook 2010

BB Bold with new OS

When an updated Outlook task from my Bold is syncd with my PC the format of the task notes is completely changed. I rely of this format which includes a table and Arial text. After the sync, Arial 12pt bold becomes Cambria 14pt bold, and tables are stiped out. Any ideas about preserving task formatting?

The BB Bold is a new installation after a full reset and the desktop was new too.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Synchronisation ruins Outlook 2010 task formatting

Hi theHeatingEngineer,

When data is synchronized with the BlackBerry smartphone from Outlook, the default BlackBerry font is applied as not all fonts are supported.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I am suprised. BB lists Outlook 2010 as being supported. Arial is a common font, and tables are fundamental. I find this inabiility to synchronise basic features most disappointing. Is there a specification for the extent of the support for 2010? It would be nice to have a definitive specification to hand instead of tripping over such omiissions in the course of trying to use the BB as a professional tool..
Contributor

I find it hard to believe that the designed behaviour of the BB is to re-write task fonts and effectively trample all over my data. When a font is changed it means that the BB is re-wring my data when I have not asked for it to do so. This is outrageous !!! Is there no way to tell the BB to not to do this during sync?

I borrowed this BB to review its suitability for my business. It's starting to look more like a toy than a professional business tool...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Unfortunately, because there are thousands of Fonts available for Microsoft Windows, its not possible to have a font database that large on the BlackBerry smartphone, thus, it is limited to the default fonts.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!