Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Synchronisation with Outlook and Hotmail connector

Hi, I'm struggling to synchronise contacts and calendar from device to Outlook - can anybody help?

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 running 6.0 OS and Desktop Software 7.1.0.32. I'm trying to synchronise with Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector.

The error message I get tells me: "Unable to access local folders. If your Outlook profile uses the Hotmail Connector, you must create a local data store (PST) and set it as the default delivery location for the profile."

I have duly created a .pst file, but cannot seem to direct the Desktop Software to it. I can change the default profile in Outlook to the new .pst file temporarily - but then this is not updating the Hotmail calendar and contact list as I need.

Any ideas?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synchronisation with Outlook and Hotmail connector

Hi benbj,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Synchronizing with Microsoft® Outlook® with Outlook Connector installed is not a supported configuration. Please see Step 3 and the Additional Information field of the following KB article for more information.

""No available message stores" appears when configuring synchronization settings in BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/OFxMZ0

As a workaround, a .pst file attached to the MAPI profile that is utilizing the MSN® Passport connector can also be linked to a new MAPI profile. If the BlackBerry® Desktop Software is associated with this new MAPI, the .pst file will synchronize with the BlackBerry® smartphone. Please note that this will not synchronize the personal information management (PIM) data associated to the MSN connector profile. Only what is located in the .pst file will synchronize with the BlackBerry® smartphone.

For information on creating a MAPI profile and linking to an existing .PST data file, please see KB02083

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!