Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Synchronization Error - A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support.

Please can you advise 1) how do I send the report to technical support and 2) how do I resolve the error.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Joanne

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Synchronization Error - A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support.

Hi joannjmoore

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I find this Knowledge Base closest to the error you are receiving , Go through it and see if that helps :

KB32192 : Contacts with no modified date causes the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Gib Telecom

Re: Synchronization Error - A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support.

Hi prince2012/joannjmoore

I have exactly the same problem - identical error code.  I have followed the instructions on the knowledge base - I have checked all my outlook contacts and all have a modifed date and all look valid - no 'missing' dates.  So am at a loss.  Any ideas?

If not, how do I go about getting someone at technical support to look at this?

I have a Bold 9780 trying to synch with Outlook 2010.

Many thanks

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello ChrisLat

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you have checked everything and still getting the error then first  Uninstalling your current Desktop Software from you PC and then download a fresh copy from here BlackBerry desktop software . And then have a try ,

Also check this Solved thread BB desktop program error occurred in line 1548 in.\OIAccess.ccp . So please try it and let us know of your progress. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: o2 UK

Hi All

I'm having exactly the same error, namely "A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp.  Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

My rig is a Core i7 990x 32GB running Windows 8 Pro x64 and Office 2013 x64.

So far I have:

• Uninstalled the Desktop Software, cleaned the registry and reinstalled
  • Uninstalled the Device Software, cleaned the registry and reinstalled
  • Individually opened>and saved and closed each of my outlook contacts
  • Deleted and re-created my Outlook Profile, calling it Outlook 2.
  • Checked that Outlook is set as the default mail handler (it is)
  • Deleted the subkey from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook, and then run the MSO Repair, but still no dice.

I've worked around this by creating a WinXP VM With Outlook 2002 and syncing with that, and then exporting and importing my contacts.csv, but this is hardly ideal.

Any further suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks.
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Hi Ashmicro and All,

Thanks for the work around - but too advanced/complicated and apparently very time consuming for me to give it a go.

I have a Bold 9780 trying to synch with Outlook 2010.  Most frustratingly, this did work for some time, it was only when I got a new computer and had to re-install the Blackberry Desktop Manager did I begin getting this issue.

I awaite any other ideas/solutions that are more practical for me.  You're too clever Ashmicro!

Thanks for the post all the same

Joanne

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: o2 UK

[ Edited ]

Progress - of sorts.

I downloaded a freeware application from here: http://mcpfx.com/ called BlackBerry Master Control Program.

Within this, there is a button to launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (hereafter referred to as BBDM, for brevity). When pressing "sync", the BBDM gives all the usual error messages, including the "There is no default email.." twice.

Clicking away these error messages allows the sync to actually work. I checked this by adding a new contact in Outlook 2013, and syncing. It duly appeared on my Curve 9320. Then, I deleted the cotact from the Curve, and re-synced using the method I have described above. Sure enough, the contact had gone from Outlook.

This however, addresses the symptoms and not the root cause - RIM need to get their finger out on this RIGHT NOW. It is my understanding that this issue has existed (and persisted) for some time. The inability to sync with Outlook, the world number 1 email client is a glaring and inexcusable faux-pas on their part.

To me, the fact that this issue has been ongoing seems indicative of a firm that couldn't care less. RIM needs to re-design, re-engineer and re-invent BBDM 7.x and get it to work. A bit of goodwill goes a long way, and RIM needs that in spades at the moment.

I'm due a new phone in the next 3 months. I don't want an iPhone (as I don't have a beard), nor do I relish the fresh hell of KIES for a Samsung.I like the look of the BB 10, but I think it'll be a Windows Nokia for me next time.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Wow, I cant believe how frustrating this whole process is:

1. Tried install, fresh, unfresh, deleted every registry i can think of.

2. Downloaded newest version od Desktop software. restarted, rebotted everything.

3. Edited the contact list to view all modiied enrtries.

4. Deleted every single calendar entry.

It was working fine before the stupid upgrade prompt.

Cant believe I have been exposed to thie piece of junk for the last 2 days.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Any answer that works?

Exactly the same issue being experienced!

Seriously considering changing whole IT environment as a result.

Please help an ignorant, non IT savvy, self employed businessman
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

XOGM wrote:

Any answer that works?

Exactly the same issue being experienced!

Seriously considering changing whole IT environment as a result.

Hello,

Receiving an answer that works, here in this volunteer-contributed user-to-user community, depends on one of the other volunteer members knowing the answer, and being willing to post it for you. This site has nothing to do with your fee-based support...it is 100% volunteer contributed. The way requests get made often influences the willingness to provide answers.

Lacking any formal KBs from BlackBerry (I searched...did you?), I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................