Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Synchronization Error - A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support.

sdgardne 

To remind you: Windows 7, Blackberry 9900 using the Desktop Management Software 7.1 Bundle 2061. Not syncing with Outlook.

Thanks for the input, alas, it didn;t work. I have had an IT engineer here for 4 hours this morning, as well as spending many hours over the weekend myself trying to resolve the issue.

We have uninstalled the BBDtM software at least 4 times. We used computerised and manual registery cleaners to clear out the debris, we have inserted reboots along the way, we have installed the latest bundled Operating System, we still cannot get beyond. the 1572 error message.

I have had the engineer check the modification dates within Outlook Contacts for completeness. No errors found.

We have tried test contacts, all to no avail.

The error appears (from our internet research) to be linked to BBDtMS version 7.1, it certainly worked before the update, and yes we have the same 2061 bundle on both the device and the Manager.

We tried to find an earlier version of BBDtM, but couldn't find 7.0, only 6.0, which we felt was too radical.

My engineer had to admit defeat and has left shaking his head, suggesting I should look at an Android 'phone. I am hoping to demonstrate that it is possible to correct this fault.

Please help an ignorant, non IT savvy, self employed businessman
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Synchronization Error - A program error has occurred at line 1572 in.\OlAccess.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support.

XOGM wrote:

To remind you: Windows 7, Blackberry 9900 using the Desktop Management Software 7.1 Bundle 2061. Not syncing with Outlook.

Well, in what I provided, I do believe I did say "e.g., Outlook"...and you've neglected to say what you are actually attempting to sync with. Hopefully it is one of those that are, per a KB linked from the process I provided, compatible. But since you don't say, we can't know.

Then again, you said:

XOGM wrote:

I have had the engineer check the modification dates within Outlook Contacts for completeness. No errors found.

And so now I'm totally confused. First you say you are not using Outlook, then you say you are checking data within Outlook. Conflicting information sometimes prevents understanding on the part of others.

XOGM wrote:

We tried to find an earlier version of BBDtM, but couldn't find 7.0, only 6.0, which we felt was too radical.

I disagree...nothing that allows functionality is "too radical", IMHO.

XOGM wrote:

Just give me the answer

And there we go again...such a tone. If I had the answer for you, I'd certainly give it to you freely and willingly. But, demanding the answer over and over will not make it exist...my recommendations stand as written above.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Apologies if my tone offended, I had no such intention. Thank you for taking the time to reply anyway.

The footer on my message was something the forum required before it would allow me to register. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered. I have seen lots of positive, upbeat clever and even amusing footers. After the hours of my time and the cost of my external engineers trying to reach a solution, not to mention the angst of walking around without my diary being co-ordinated with my laptop, I simply wanted a solution. The effort made before I made my cry for help on this forum (my very first time on any forum for any product ever) had left me without humour or the wit to write something uplifting, I simply wanted some help.

Being a footer, the message appeared on both postings. I believe I have now amended it, if not apologies again.

More apologies if I failed to make my problem clear. I can only blame my lack of computing expertise, and therefore a lack of proper language and protocol.

I have been trying to Synchronise my BlackBerry 9900, now loaded with the Desktop Manager 7.1, Bundle 2061, to the Microsoft Outlook on my laptop, operating in a 64 bit Windows 7 environment.

I am attempting to synchronise the Contacts, the Calendar and the Tasks between the two machines, in the BlackBerry operating system on the 9900, and in MS Outlook 2010 on the laptop.

This process worked perfectly well until I went on holiday. Whilst away, our IT consultants had re-installed both the MS Office package and the BlackBerry operating system on my laptop. This was deemed necessary by them to eradicate the possibility of any viruses, rootkit or otherwise. Over a week later, I finally have everything working as before, except for this one issue.  

If I can provide any further  information, I would do so willingly.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Apology accepted...from the way it was formatted, I could not tell that was an auto-sig...it always appeared merely as a portion of the post itself (e.g., no break line, etc.). Nevertheless, we can move on now.

Please ask whoever did your re-installation of Outlook if they did so in a "Click To Run" fashion rather than a full installation. Click-To-Run is not supported.

• KB24040 Support for Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run installation

Also, be sure to search the public KBs for other possibly useful instructions. For example, there are several KBs that, while having a different error code perhaps, may have similar wording (e.g., "Please report this error by sending a log to technical support"). It is possible that one of those other KBs might have useful information for your situation.

And, if you do elect to accept my advice and fall back to an earlier Desktop Software version (as per your Outlook version, 6.1 being the oldest you can use), then you can also activate advanced logging, which can sometimes reveal useful information to you (or your engineers...I would have no ability to attempt to interpret your logs for you):

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Also...

XOGM wrote:
Whilst away, our IT consultants had re-installed both the MS Office package and the BlackBerry operating system on my laptop.

Please check also what, exactly, is meant by "BlackBerry operating system"...from those words, that would appear to be, from the "start over" thread I provided, steps 4 and 6 (the BB OS package), but does not account for steps 3 and 7 (the BlackBerry Desktop Software). Conducting these steps in exactly this order is actually critical to the success of the process.

In most all cases (sorry, I really have no statistics...just "gut feel") this process cleans up whatever is wrong. But, in other cases it may be a bad record, and finding the specific record can be challenging. If, during the process (or via logs), you are presented with any hints (e.g., a record number), then sometimes exporting your data out of Outlook (e.g., to CSV) can produce the records in the same order as the Desktop Software is processing them...which can then (if the hint was a record number) allow you to find the problem record and deal with it.

In the worst of the worst situations, completely reinstalling the Windows OS and rebuilding the entire system from scratch has been known to cure problems that other remedies have been unable to assuage. I hope in your case it does not come to that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

For completeness, I thought I would let you know what I have done to resolve the issue.

Having followed all the suggestions we found or received, and having spent several hours searching for solutions and an older version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager to install, I gave up and bought a program online, CompanionLink for $49.99.

Expensive for what should really work right out of the box, but at least I have a synchronisation process that works.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Cheers