Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-moble

Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed.

I have recently installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 in its 64 bit version on my computer (Windows 7 professional, Service Pack 1). When trying to synchronize my BlackBerry (Bold 9900) I am getting the following message:

Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed.

I am running on the BB OS 7.1 Bundle 2807; the BlackBerry Desktop Software is version is 7.1.0.14, released 07 March 2013 (Bundle 42).

Running the 32-bit version of Office does not produce the error message.

My provider is T-online, they called me and told me that they can’t help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31987 "Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed." occurs when synchronizing organizer data

Unfortunately, it contains nothing more useful than recognition by BB that the problem exists, but no workarounds or solutions are offered. However, I do notice that it states to be applicable to earlier Desktop Software versions...

In any event, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-moble

Thank you for your advice; regrettably, it did not work: I am getting the same error message. It seems that the desktop software and office 2013 64 bit do not go together. Amazing.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh goodness...I'm sorry I didn't pick up on that in your first post...refer:

At present, the Desktop Software is not compatible beyond Outlook 2010.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same issue and apparently BB has known about this issue for over 17 months and has been unable or unwilling to resolve the problem.  I am looking into a class action lawsuit against BB.  Perhaps after a financial hit and some more negative publicity they will commit to resolving the issue.