Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synchronization Software Slows Down Computer at Start Up

My computer was really fast at start up.  The desktop computer took about 20 seconds to be fully ready from boot up.  Now, with this BB Synchronization software installed, the computer takes about 4-5 minutes to be fully ready.  I have noticed that McAfee used to be loaded up early on.  Now, it may be the one in conflict as it boots up last.

Any ideas or suggestions here?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Synchronization Software Slows Down Computer at Start Up

Not sure if you have Blackberry DTM starting up on boot up but if you do, remove that or diasble the sync process during startup of DTM...I am not positive on this but I have not found out anyway to "stop" Blackberry DTM from your startup if you initially check it during your initial install other than removing and re-installing DTM....I believe the check box to "start on bootup" is on the last screen during the install.  If someone has a solution to take DTM out of startup, please advise me also.
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion.  However, I am ignorant and do not know what DTM is.  Please advise.
Contributor

Blackberry DTM = Blackberry Desktop Manager - sorry
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, I do have the DTM starting at boot up.  I too would love to find they way to disable this now.

Do we have to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks!

Contributor

Another possible solution is to "disable" Automatic Sync on Start-up....select the Synchronization buttom, uncheck to Automatic Sync and then you can manually sync when needed....what happens when this is check is when DTM starts up on boot, a full sync occurs (depending on what is check at top).....this may speed up the PC at start-up.  Still do NOT know how to "disable" DTM from starting in the startup without uninstalling, maybe someone here in this forum knows.  glad to help!