Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Synchronization of the deletion of emails ?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I managed to set up my iCloud address on my Blackberry. But when I delete an email in my inbox from a computer or a web browser, this email is not be removed from my Blackberry. In other words, there is no synchronization of the deletion of emails. How can I fix the problem?

Thank you in advance
Leo (from France)

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Synchronization of the deletion of emails ?

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like your iCloud account is set up using POP. You'll want to remove the account and set it up using IMAP using the document linked below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33812

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Actually, I apologize. The link above is for BlackBerry 10 devices. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is support for full synchronization of deletes for the iCloud accounts on BIS devices. Even on some of the accounts that are supported (GMail) it never worked well for me and took hours before the sync occurred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Leo, it may take a few hours for the deletion from the email server to the handheld. I am not sure, but for many IMAP accounts, the deletion from server to handheld takes longer.

It is quicker for the deletion from the handheld to register on the server.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II

Here's some more information, though it doesn't list iCloud specifically.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05133