Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Re: Synchronization to outlook calander

Hi, I've got Bold 9700. From any reason without any change of settings from my side I got troubles with wireless sync. I have got business Outlook email and Outlook calendar related to Handheld.

But:

A) when I delete the email in handheld - it is in few seconds deleted in Outlook by wireless sync (via enterprise server). But when I delete it in Outlook, it stays in Handheld still undeleted. (But when I open an email in Outlook and I press on my Handheld "sync. now" it appears as opened in HH as well immediately)

B) when I put a new event into the Outlook calendar, it appears in few seconds in my handheld, but when I put the new event to Handheld, it does not appear in Outlook calendar.

Point B) is very danger in business when I miss some event ... :-(

Thanks for an idea

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Elber wrote:

Hi, I've got Bold 9700. From any reason without any change of settings from my side I got troubles with wireless sync. I have got business Outlook email and Outlook calendar related to Handheld.

But:

A) when I delete the email in handheld - it is in few seconds deleted in Outlook by wireless sync (via enterprise server). But when I delete it in Outlook, it stays in Handheld still undeleted. (But when I open an email in Outlook and I press on my Handheld "sync. now" it appears as opened in HH as well immediately)

B) when I put a new event into the Outlook calendar, it appears in few seconds in my handheld, but when I put the new event to Handheld, it does not appear in Outlook calendar.

Point B) is very danger in business when I miss some event ... :-(

Thanks for an idea

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Since, as you say, you are on BES ("enterprise server"), you need to go see your BES admins for assistance...they are in control of how this all works between BES and your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Please would you resolve the following problem whereby the Calendar on my Blackberry and the calendar on Outlook 2007 do not synchronize:

I have  a BlackBerry Curve 8520.

My PC runs Vista, MS-Outlook 2007 and Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1.37 ; the KB shows those versions of Outloo and Desktop Manager are compatible.

Until recently Outlook and Blackberry successfully carried out bi-directional synchronization of contacts and calendar. Over recent days only contacts have been synchronizing – I have checked that Blackberry Desktop Manager is set to synchronize both contacts and calendar. When synchronizing, the screen on the Desktop manager shows progress in synchronizing contacts but shows no sign that it is attempting to synchronize calendar entries.

I have looked into the logs:

The tif.log shows the last mention of Calendar being in the section with the following error message:

Fri Apr 16 13:06:11 2010: Error FindIDMatch anomaly ignored..-718.0 at .\tif97.cpp line 273

Entries in PtTrace.log  simply show attempts to synchronize the contacts (no mention of calendar items).

When I  went to Options->Advanced Options->Default Services, my CICAL is the email address which is the default for sending emails form Outlook – it makes no difference if I change it to another email address.

The inability to synchronise calendars renders the BlackBerry virtually useless to me – it has resulted in me previously missing business meetings.

Please would you advise me urgently!

Gary

Highlighted
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?  Synchronization has always been a piece of cake.  Until I updated my Tour with Blackberry's 5.0.0.591 operating system.  I tried updating Blackberry Desktop software and downgrading the device software.  Nothing has worked.  Please help!