Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synchronize Calendar

Hi,

You just hit the nail on the head!

Go to CALENDAR/OPTION/CALENDAR OPTIONS you will see calendars for each email address you have,

plus a default. Click each calendar, and look at the bottom of the screen NUMBER OF ENTRIES.

Which calendar has the entries in it?

Next go to OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/DEFAULT SERVICES. The CICAL and CMIME should be the one associated

with your primary email address.  Is it?

What happened is your default calendar was the one that was associated with your email address, when the

Verizon rep deleted and recreated your address, the appointments went to either the default calendar, or

to another email address calendar.

Tell us what calendar has the entries, and what calendar is the default.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

laf
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

okay, remember I'm not that savy....but I was able to follow those instructions and this is what I see:

CICAL and CMIME both show my primary email address.

Under my calendar options: I only see one email (my primary email) and it does say # of entries 1

which is impossible since my BB shows all my entires????  That must be the one I just added.

Can I fix this?

Guru I

In calendar options, does it say device default calendar? and how many entries are in it?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

laf
Contributor

If I click on my calendar (on my BB) and go to options it has General Options and My email address, if I click on my email address, it comes up Calendar properties and at the bottom says "Number of Entries:  1 "  that must be the one I put in last night to test it.

Guru I

So that is Good!

Now we know we are pointing at the right calendar.

Do a one way sync from outlook to device and get the data on the calendar. the CORRECT calendar Smiley Happy

laf
Contributor

Is that what happened last time when it douplicated everything on my BB calendar?  I then had to go into each day and manually delete the duplicte entires.   How do I know I'm going to the "right calendar"?

Hi

I am also trying to synchronise my calendar and failing. I have followed all the advice on the forum but find that several things are different.

When I try to configure my calendar MS Outlook does not show in the list of desk top applications

settings and cannot then select two way transfer of data.

I am getting increasingly exasperated with this so called updated equipment and software.

David

laf
Contributor

okay, I did the one way sync from outlook to my BB and it only transferred over two entries.  When I got back into options to see how many entries are under my email adress it still says only 1

When I then try to do a new two way sync, it still wants to delete everything from outlook

I am so sorry, but I just don't undersatnd why this won't correct it.

Contributor

I don't know if this helps but I did all of the above steps, but then I went into Outlook and added an email account to match the account on my Blackberry.  I am using my employer's Outlook so they had a different default email assigned.  Anyway, after I did all the clearing, reconfiguring, and adding a new account to Outlook, everything seems to be synchronzing fine, all except for that fact that any entries prior to today will not transfer from Outlook to BB.  Any ideas on how to get it to synch. from an archived folder in Outlook?

Thanks

I really didn't want to start another thread for this since it seems related, and a couple days of searching (here, other BB forums, Google in general) have turned up some close answers but nothing dead-on.

First, specs:

--8330 Curve (VZW)

--BIS

--Windows XP

--DM 4.7

--Outlook 2003

My calendar shows three different profiles: device default, BB email, work email. I recently re-installed my email profiles (BB and work) since, for some reason, my BB email wasn't associated with my device (though I still got messages sent to it); only work email was. At any rate, now I have BB and work emails setup and humming. However, before the re-installation, I had the one (default) work email address and its associated calendar. Now, I have all those entries appearing in the "device default" calendar (no email/profile association, nor does it show up in Default Services) and nothing in either BB or work calendars. New entries appear in my BB calendar (set as the default calendar service in Advanced Options) and sync with Outlook as needed. However, I can't figure out how to extract/transfer/sync the "device default" entries without manually entering all 200+ items into Outlook and re-syncing back into my BB calendar.

I don't mind using the "device default" calendar as my main one since I really only need one calendar, but is there a way to sync that calendar with Outlook? I'd really rather not use Google Sync since the latest update clears out past entries and only syncs up to a few months out (and I won't even get into the Contacts debacle), but if push comes to shove, I suppose I can/will. Thanks in advance!