02-07-2009 09:19 AM
Having just bought my BB Bold, I have managed to get emails from my PC automatically onto my BB Bold - but I do not know how to download/sync my Windows Contacts to my BB Bold. I've checked the manuals and internet but there is no proper detail on this. (I also need to Sync my Windows Calendar).
Thanks in advance !!
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-07-2009 09:29 AM
- Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
- From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
- Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
- Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
- Highlight the application name and click next button
- Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
- Check the radio button with Two way sync
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5
Example: Synchronize addressbook -
Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.
Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
02-07-2009 10:43 AM
I've turned of the Wireless Sync
1. When I've tried to 'check' the Address Book option it has given me a few options. I've choosen 'Windows Address Book/Mail' - asthis is the nearest to the application I have 'Wimdows Contacts' (my email is 'Windows Email'- a separate application to 'Windows Contacts' (with vista).
After selecting this, nothing happens a there is no attempt to copy and contacts across (I have around 900 contacts)
02-07-2009 11:22 AM
You can try with this link to synch the Windows contacts
02-07-2009 11:47 AM
I do not have Windows Outlook but the default program with windows - 'Windows Email'.
I am also trying mainly to Sync 'Windows Contacts' with my BB Bold.
So will this program work ?
02-07-2009 12:25 PM
Thanks Tanzim - contacts now snyc'd (had to disconnect and reconnect - then it stated the syncing process).
Still can't get Windows Calendar to sync - as when you 'check' the Calendar bos, subsequently it only asks whether you what to select an ASCII application
02-07-2009 01:11 PM
Cool improved, mark the thread was solved (you need to click on the solution box in the Tanzim's post), is better for other users with the same question.
08-26-2012 03:51 PM