Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Synchronize suddenly says my "default service for "Calendar" no longer available" yet I've not changed anything

Help Help Help, I've never had so many sync problems since upgrading my BB phone to a BB 9700 Bold.  I've been synching no problem, tried yesterday and it get this message:

"The default service for your device's "Calendar" is no longer available.  The new service for synchronization is (and it shows the same email I used to use). 

Click OK to continue synchronization data with your new default service.

Click Cancel to stop the synchronization, revisit your default service options on your device and try to use your original default service from the last time you synchronized.  On your device, click the Options icon, then Advanced Options>Default Services:

I have checked my Default Services and my CICAL and CMIME are both the same and are unchanged.

So why is this happening?

I do recall my Blackberry phone updating it's software the other day - could this be a link, how can I tell?

Please help - I don't want to say yes incase I get all my entries duplicated in my calendar again (yes, had that problem too).

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Synchronize suddenly says my "default service for "Calendar" no longer available" yet I've not changed anything

Hey Piglet,

It sounds like the default Calendar you first used for synchronization somehow got changed. 

To see what Calendar on your BlackBerry has the entries:

Open your Calendar

Hit the Menu Key

Go to Options

You should see each email address you have integrated on your device

You may also see a device deafult

Check in each email address and you will see number of entries.

If you have more than one email account or the device default, check out the article KB19240 on how to merge the multiple Calendars.

Be sure to back up your BlackBerry before making any changes.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: Synchronize suddenly says my "default service for "Calendar" no longer available" yet I've not changed anything

Hiya, thanks for replying.  I've checked my default device calendar and all is still the same - I have checked under Options within Calendar and all the other email addresses show no entries, so that's OK too.  As I said, I've changed nothing apart from thinking it must be something to do with the OS upgrade that automatically happened when I plugged my BB into BB DM.  I'm not sure if it is, but it is a funny that that is the only thing that has happened and now when I try to sync it gives me this message that my default calendar is no longer available (yet the one is shows as the new service is the same email as the one I had before). 

Should I just accept this glitch as my BB Bold is all still the same - the CICAL and CMIME show the same email as before.

Do you have any other ideas?  I've also posted this under the error "trouble syncing after OS upgrade" and I've even taken the battery out and in again, but no change, still the same error.

It's so frustrating as I've never had so many sync problems since having this new Bold - I'm thinking I shouldn't have upgraded from my 8320.  I'm also on the latest version of DM and after that upgrade it did sync OK - so I've exhausted all the ideas on this forum so far, and also can't find anyone else with the same problem, which is weird when I've done nothing to my phone.

Hope you can help.

Retired

Its possible the service books were refreshed with the update and the Desktop Manager is seeing it as a new Calendar. 

If you say yes to the new calendar prompt, at worse, your BlackBerry could duplicate some Calendar entries but that can be easily fixed.

Back up your BlackBerry

Follow KB10167 to clear the Calendar database

Re-synchronize and add the Calendar entries back.

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

Thanks, I'll try tomorrow and let you know how it goes, fingers crossed.  :-)

Retired

I will be here tomorrow - message me if you need any help Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

Hiya, I said "yes" to the sync this morning and it's all worked OK - no duplicates so no need to clear the database.  You must be right it was obviously the upgrade to the OS made DM think I'd changed calendars, even though I hadn't.

Phew, thanks for your help

Retired

Glad it all worked out Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

My Device: 9780 Bold
My Carrier: Mobily

Hey There, could you please help me as well. i am having the same problem but with contact not calender, and i tried every possible thing and when i pressed ok, all my contacts doubled Smiley SadSmiley Sad

thanks